Just IT

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Adrian.Popescu, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Adrian.Popescu

Adrian.Popescu Byte Poster

Hi guys, i went to see this guy at a training/recruiting job guaranteed centers who claims that there is a job guarantee as long as you train with them. Total cost for training=£3000. They claim you get the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP exams in 2 weeks (the exam cost is NOT included in the £3000)...that just seems like a huge lie to me. Is this worth it?

Certifications: City&Guild's Level2&3, CompTIA A&N+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sounds highly unlikely you'd be much of an expert after 2 weeks mate. I'd swerve them. Self study is the way forward. I'm pretty sure that unless your job is with them, thats a lie or some kind of con. Millions unemployed can't be wrong. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I assume that is for the MCSE? 2 weeks? I think most people would find it very difficult to pass all 7 exams in 2 weeks. I would steer clear of any TP who makes these types of claims. Not to mention £3000 is a massive amount of money.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. Adrian.Popescu

Yeah...sounds suspicious to me. Thank's for reply guys

5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

As we keep saying on here :

1) do your research. If you check you'll see MS say you should have 6-12 mths experience in an enterprise envirnoment before doing these certs which are there to validate your experience not teach you how to do your job

2) Nobody is gonna guarantee you a job - read the small print

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep. If I were to tell you that I could make you an expert on XP and 2003 in 2 weeks - even using all 24 hours out of the day - do you think I could? Sure, I might be able to help you pass a few exams... but what's the point without true knowledge and understanding and experience to back it up?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

No it isn't unless you have the experience. Certs like those are supposed to show your on the job experience level not that you can pass an exam or two.

If that guy had said this to me I would have said kabullshka (my polite way of saying bull**** when I was 8):D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Adrian.Popescu

:) Thank's for the advice. Like you said "what is a certification if u dont know the stuff you have studied..." two weeks for two exams is way to short.

9. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

I have approached Just IT before. When I was starting my cert way. I had internet conference with them even.The way of learning that Just IT have showed me is no different then my self study.Beside that you will get you personal tutor.No guarantee if he will help you enough.Just IT mostly use LabSim for teaching http://www.labsim.co.uk/#
    You can buy this on you own amd much cheaper than Just IT offer.
    They told me too that I will get a job.:eek:??? I have asked them to send me detailed contract on paper.
    It took them 3 weeks to do this. Wondering why??? And during this time they call me nearly every day how am I going and what about my decision to start the course. £3000 is not a small amount...
    On the contract is written that if you do not pass all required exams than no job is supplied to you.
    And to pass all the exams is no possible in 2 weeks, beside for already experience tech or if you are a genius:D
    Since I decided to do not go with Just IT I spent only around £800 to get my certs on my own.
    And that includes lab PC with monitor, router, switch,cabling,plenty of wonderfull books, videos, exams cost etc...
    And I am happy with this so far.
    What else to say?

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nooo don't fall for the old "job guarantee" gimmick. If you have the self discipline go the self study route. As already pointed out there isn't a cat in hells chance you could do the MCSE in 2 weeks.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009