Just got my car back...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Tinus1959, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Wow, that's not bad, 27 miles on a full tank, they must have improved the economy quite a bit. :) I see a DB9 near where I live quite regularly and it's a lovely car to look at. I would imagine the depreciation on a new Aston must be quite nasty though, more than both my cars are worth in the first year probably. :)

2006 Peugeot 107 with 13k miles and a 2006 Toyota Rav4 with 20k miles for me.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Renault Clio - Extreme 2002 here.

I've had it just over a year, its a great little car. 38,000 on the clock, some nice alloys and a custom interior, not bad for my first car anyways. I've got my eye on an Audi TT sometime next year though, if im lucky! 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

My salary is so low I can't afford a newer one.:biggrin And this one is half eaten by the dogs, so we won't get a good price for it. Better run it untill it breaks. I'll try to get past the half a million barrier:biggrin.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. Tinus1959

That's my only care to. It is a way of transport. Don't need any flashy.
    That 800 miles to the gallon, that's oil I reckon?
    Reminds me to that British competetor in the motor dragrace: "Positive thing on this bike is: it doesn't use oil. It just runs through."

5. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

2000 ford focus zetec 1.8 petrol, its got about 65,000 on the clock. traded in my fiat punto with 68,00 on the clock for it which I'd had from new.

best car I ever had was my nissan micra, got rid of that with about 75,000 on the clock for the punto. worst decision I ever made. nothing ever went wrong with the micra, everything went wrong with the punto! :rolleyes:

thankfully the focus has done me well so far. 8)

6. Tinus1959

They are illegal in the Netherlands. The police even has a "anti radar detector detector" to find yours. They have the right to rip it out on the spot and take it from you and you'll get a 250 euro ticket.

7. Tinus1959

WOW, That's a nice car. Will you swap it for my BMW? My car has proven it is good:biggrin

8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

It just goes to prove that there really is quality about Japanese cars:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  9. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

:p My car only had 17 miles on the clock when I got her...but then she's an Ast.............ra lol!
    Had her for nearly two years and she's fine. Done 13,000. The only major problem I had is her 1.6 badge fell off when I cleaned her once. Got a really good company 0% finance + loads of free extras deal which is why I got a new one, but the catch is that I can't do more than 12,000 in a year!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  10. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

I drive the indestructible Toyota corolla 1.6 you be really surprised how well these cars are built. I accidentally drove the car with no water in the radiator and very little engine oil and it still went like the clappers :biggrin
    I do take care of my cars, as when we received the corolla we assumed the last person did the servicing which was my bro, forgot to tell us it hasnt been done in a while :dry
    Its done 95k on the clock and would need a timing at the 100k mark.

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I would love to drive the older 1985-88 Corolla's. Fun drift cars.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Renault Clio Sport 172 CUP here, just paid £500 for a nice service + cambelt!

Has 62k on the clock, drive pretty much everywhere in Kent at the moment. Working for the NHS is cool 8) did i just say that? opps...

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  13. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

So would I :biggrin
    Problem is, the car is too expensive for an old car. in the uk they sell between 3K-4K for a bad one that needs body work done. and £7K for a near mint one. I would soo want one in the white and black panda colours :biggrin

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  14. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

i've got a 1995 cutlass supreme as a daily driver at about 21 mpg. doesn't seem very high, but it beats my 1995 firebird formula which gets like 12 mpg :) i miss my old talon it was a 12.5 second quarter mile car and got me 21 mpg around town. that was a fun little car. right now i'm looking at getting a motorcycle that pulls 50+ mpg as a daily.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  15. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I don't have a car - I have a pushbike :)

But I am the named driver on my other half's policy (and make it cheaper!)

Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 Lusso. Tis very nice when you put your foot down :biggrin

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  16. Tinus1959

Alfa Romeo. We once had Alfa's as company cars. We (trainers) had a 33, sales had a 145, the owner of the company had a SZ.
    These cars make me agressive. They make me drive much faster than is allowed.
    I do not know the more expensive models, but the 33 was a big pile of junk. Once me collegua came in and said: "When I close the 3th door, my taillights drop to the ground."
    I had knobs breaking just by toughing them.
    When I had a major explosion under the bonnet, I called the garage and they just said: "yes, they tend to do that."

17. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

mine is a 2004 renault laguna II ph 1. initiale :)
    1.9 dCi with 76k miles

with every the safety gismo

and that's one boring car to drive - has waaaaaaaaay to many computers on board :)

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  18. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

They crashed one of those into a tree at 55mph last night on Fifth Gear Casper. It came reasonably well, drivers door still opened no problem. There was some intrusion in the cabin in the drivers left knee area. The front of the car utterly destroyed, but it did it's job well considering it's was 55 to zero in less than 1 metre. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  19. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

that and the heated front seats sold this car to my wife :)

but it's still boring to drive... computer lets you hmm
    turn the steering wheel (not to sharp) accelerate (not to sharp) and of course brake (not to sharp:)

next car i want is a 911 with as less electronics as possible :)

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  20. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I have a 5 series BMW that's 12 years old and only 40k miles on the clock. I bought it off my folks who had it from new. It's an automatic and a diesel but it's a step up from my crappy Punto which I bought new and hated.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011