Just got job through study with an UN-NAMED training provider :D

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by pblack666, May 6, 2005.

1. pblack666

pblack666 Banned

:D Hi to all, I have been monitoring this forum for sometime. Glad to say no more doom and gloom for me. Enrolled 6 months ago on MCSE 2000, support and training excellent. 3 MCP's later I now have a support job with a local county council. So to everyone, keep at it!

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Let me be the first to congradulate you :alc
    It is good to hear a success story!
    What Microsoft certs have you achieved?
    Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Let me be the second.
    Well done mate!

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Thats great news pblack666! Did the UN-NAMED training provider get you the interview etc, or was it just off the back of what your doing MCSE-wise?

Councils seem to love this on-going training stuff!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Hello there my name is Mark, first time on gentlemen so I will watch the spelling.

It good to see such positive feedback from so many people. I have needed a site like this for sometime to help me find out what is out there. Well done guys.

Currently I am looking to do an MCSE course with a local provider. So far I seem to have missed most of the ones on here except a couple. Good reading.

I had a visit from the UN-NAMED training provider earlier this year and found them on the internet.

* I have just tried to email a couple of the chaps who have a lot of information about the UN-NAMED training provider on this forum to get some more pricing details from them.

I am alarmed to see that the 'e-mail' address for pblack666, is the SAME as the salesman that came to see me from the UN-NAMED training providerl.

Can someone please explain how this could be? as I am an IT beginner.

Mark Pearson

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If it's true, it should be obvious how it can be - even to an IT beginner.
    Ho Hum.
    Hope you're mistaken.

7. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

Congrats, i hope it goes well for you, allthough pb it does kinda sound a little like you are fulla crap atm.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  8. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Just to confirm I have double checked and it is the same.

I hope there is a simple explanation for this, I wouldn't like to feel that forums of this nature are used by training companies to allow their own staff to pretend to be happy students.

I was led to this forum by a good friend and having viewed the chat rooms for several weeks prior to logging in, so far I have been impressed.

I find the feedback very helpfull indeed as these courses are expensive and a big step for us all.
    I hope that a very good service is not marred by a few less genuine people.

Thanks so far for your views.

Mark Pearson

9. drum_dude

I'm sure Trip or one of the other mods will give this the once over! I look forward to it!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I haven't had one, and I seem to be their only student.
    You've hurt my feelings now.

I hope this isn't going to turn into another training provider-bashing session.

11. drum_dude

Welcome to the forums Mark.

The mods and admins do a great job of nailing posters of subliminal advertising. However, you have to remember that they too have day jobs and cannot be here 24hrs a day to intercept these types of posts!

The great thing about this forum is that everyone gets a chance! Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt in the first instance.

Cheers

Sacha

12. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Thanks for that Sacha,

Its just that it all seems a bit of a waste of time chatting to people, when they appear to be 'pretending'. How do I know who is who on here.

Mark

13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Mark and welcome. Can you PM me some sort of proof or confirmation that pblack is actually from the UN-NAMED training provider please ? If so, I'll deal with it from there.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. drum_dude

The prentenders are a very, very, very small majority! They also usually never answer back to their first time posts. However, some just want to start a flame war...so you never can be to sure!

You'll get to know the regulars of this board over a short period of time, we're all a good bunch and chatting to us will never be a waste of your time.

Cheers

Sacha

15. markpearson

markpearson New Member

Thanks, with pleasure,

How do I do that, what do you mean by PM?

16. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Click my name on the left, and a drop-down menu will give you the option to send me a Private Message. Alternatively, click the email button around my profile somewhere (I keep losing it)

17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Mark, training providers are also allowed to have their reps join as members here too, but, only under certain conditions, one of them being that they state in their signature about the company they represent and provide an email address.

Unfortunately some people don't do this or they just sign on to start problems. The Moderator team is always on the lookout for this.

Hope this helps.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Make the most noise though...

19. tc27

tc27 Bit Poster

Needless to say I will never go near a company that uses such tactics (I doubt I am alone).

Its pretty obvious anyway, I think these guys are just trying to counter the negative posts that come up about their companies on a google search.

Certifications: None....
    WIP: Seeing where my job takes me!
  20. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Bugger - whats the chances of me accidentally removing all references to the UN-NAMED training provider from this Thread ?

Silly me - I AM careless .... :biggrin