just finished semester 2 now onto 3

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by coolchef, Jan 31, 2008.

1. coolchef

coolchef New Member

Have been doing ccna at a cisco academy in ripon now for a few months and just finished semester 2 last week was a lot better than the first one and they have introduced practice based skills tests now halfway through and at the end of the semester so it is good to get the practice in i have a lab setup with a router a 2950 switch and also a pix firewall which is not connected yet... one thing at a time, this is setup in work in my server room so when i go in lock myself away for 10 mins do something on there and then go back out and i do this when i can i also use packet tracer as well. been doing about ospf now lot more to it than rip that's for sure.
    i waited about 18 months into my system admin job before starting this and it has helped as i walked into it with my eyes open a lot more than if i had done it earlier.
    had to bang my head against a wall a few times to get the subnetting and vlsm to go in but is now :biggrin:biggrin

Certifications: Sec+, MCSA
    WIP: CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Sounds like its going well for you, good luck with the next semester :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Nibble Poster

I am doing it at an Academy too, we are a little behind because my tutor was ill I think.

We are doing our last Semester 2 lesson on Wednesday with the exam two weeks later.

I have missed most of this semester because of family commitments and illness :(

Going to be revising like mad this week and next!! luckily I am rota'd on for two night shifts after today then I'm working sat/sun day next week and two more night shifts..

Lots of slacking off and revising for me!!

Good luck mate as you get further

Certifications: ITIL Foundation
  4. Yido

Yido New Member

Hey Guys,

Im on my first semester (chapter 9), got a few weeks left.
    All is going well, bit worried that the stuff on week 1 and 2 aint there anymore but im going back every so often to refresh.

Its very theory based, semester 1 and its becoming a bit hard going at the momment because of the sheer volume of info that has to be digested in sucha short space of time. Not sure if this gets any easier going in sem 2 and onwards.

I got subnetting within a week and am very quick at doing it now so that was a relief.

What was the hardest sem for you guys up to now?

Certifications: Bsc (Hons) Computer Science
  5. CheeseOnToast

CheeseOnToast Nibble Poster

Probably the 1st semester in all honesty as it's getting back to basics and getting the brain going again.. although they are all still pretty challenging IMO, in terms of volume and time needed to be dedicated to it

I start semester 3 on Wednesday..

Good luck everyone :)

Certifications: ITIL Foundation