Just booked my 70-270

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by iRock, Jul 4, 2007.

1. iRock

iRock Nibble Poster

Well, i just booked my 70-270 exam for August 10th.

I have everything read and a reasonable amount of it practiced.

I have the MS Study kit and the Sybex book.
    I also have the CBT Nuggets series.

Anyone got any recommendations on how to put them to use over the next few weeks coming up to the exam?

Certifications: MCP (270,290), MCTS Vista
    WIP: 291,293,297
  2. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

Hi bud,

I've just passed the 270 on Tuesday with a 936. I was actually dreading it, but it didnt turn out quite as bad as i first thought.

I had a lot of easy networking questions thankfully, you know stuff like the wrong default gateway etc.

I also had quite a few on Remote Assistance, Remote desktop and the 3389 port.

Errr.... trying to remember now....

Had a few on group policy, power schemes, ICF and Windows Firewall.

Errrrrr...... RIS installations, Sysprep..

Sorry, getting a bit vague now ! - You need to know your permissions though, i had quite a few of those which i'm not actually that hot on - I've got a good idea and can work them out when the question is in front of me but i struggle to remember them exactly off the top of my head, i think it's because i dont yet work in IT - I think it would be much easier on a daily basis. Same goes for group policy !!

Anyway, hope this little bit of what i can remember helps

GOOD LUCK !!

:D

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  3. Shepherdess

Shepherdess Bit Poster

I don't mind permissions, which I managed to understand finally. What I dread are these networking questions, I have to spend some more time on that... Still planning to take the exam in a couple of weeks time :D

Good luck iRock!!

WIP: MCSE, MCTS
  4. webslinger2k

webslinger2k Byte Poster

Its permissions that I find hard still and I been working in IT a while...I really cant get my head around the different types of permissions and the situations when it changes from Most restrictive to Least restrictive...what a pain in the ass.

Certifications: 270, 271, 272
    WIP: 70-290
  5. Shepherdess

Shepherdess Bit Poster

Spent this weekend on networking: I am starting to get the hang of it at last. The last thing that scares me are System Monitoring Tools and counters, but I've noticed that nobody mentions them when talking about the exam so maybe there aren't so many questions from system monitor.

BTW, are all questions on the exam scenarios or are there any other types of questions (on a Microsoft Press CD there are quite many questions of drag-and-drop type)?

WIP: MCSE, MCTS
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I don't recall any monitoring questions when I took the 270. You can look forward to them in the 290! :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Quarky

Quarky Byte Poster

I didn't get any in the 270 either, had some in the 272 though and they scared me as well !!

:D

Certifications: A+,270,271,272 (MCDST)
    WIP: Master CIW
  8. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Sooo.. how close is the level of questions in the 270 in comparison with the 271?

Just done the 271 and am planning to do the 270 really soon..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi Quarky,

Are you sure that you got some performance monitoring q's in 272, I cant see it listed as an exam objective, I think I was at risk of getting some of those in the 271 luckily I didnt.

I've got my 272 coming up in a week or two, feeling quite good about it, (not sure if thats foolish or not) and you just sent me into a panic as thats something I havnt looked at for a while!

Also I am looking at the 270 next (looking forward to that), just wondered how much of a jump do people think the skills are in general. I think that I've been fixing xp long enough for a good grounding in it, but I will have to take a practice exam to see if what I think actually matches up to what I am. Anyway I'm not even going to touch that until Im done with 272.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing