Just been accepted for job!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mark-K, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

I found it quite hard getting any job in IT especially since I have no professional experience or certifications with Microsoft (I tried studying for the MCDST but found it really uninteresting and had no motivation to!). But in the last 3 weeks I really pushed things and was in contact with about 10 different agency's and had been sending off about 15 job applications a day.

My only other job was a 14 month contract deploying VoIP telephones although luckily I ended up getting a lot of hands on experience from assisting other network technicians.

But this week I was very lucky to have been found for this role. They were looking for a junior network engineer to train up in Juniper rather than find an expert. At the bottom of my CV I mentioned what I was studying for it and luckily it was flagged by the agency!

So now I'm studying my butt off to be as prepared as possible for February 1st my start date :)

Certifications: CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP
    WIP: JNCIE
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Congrats and good luck ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Congrats :), Hope it goes alright for you. Let me know how it goes,

Thats exactly the job im looking for lol!
    Regards,

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  4. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Man, what can I say! You're a lucky guy? D**** right you are. I have been trying for the past 6 months and yet not even an interview.
    Anyways, well done and good luck with your new job. Hold on to it and don't let it slip away.
    Have a nice weekend.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate, sounds like a good job. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Congratulations!!!
    How did you get your first job?

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the find :)

Good luck on your first day

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congrats - lesson for everyone I think, keep sending your CV out there - something will bite eventually.

Well done!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  9. Mark-K

Mark-K Bit Poster

Thanks everyone!

My first job was from an agency that called me out of nowhere for an urgent start that week, said they found my CV on JobSite. I seem to be lucky -.-

Certifications: CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP
    WIP: JNCIE
  10. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Congratulations! That's great news. Perseverance and the hard work paid off!! :D

11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Good news for once and congrats:) on the new role. Best wishes and give it your best shot.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats! :)

13. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Congrats! :)

Can't underestimate the power of agencies searching Jobsite. That's exactly how I got my current Systems Admin role.

Note to others - if you're job hunting then for the love of god get your CV uploaded there!

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  14. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  15. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Congrats :thumbleft well done.

Mind me asking were do you live
    Funny when I read this thread, you won’t believe it but I had a job doing just that, we were rolling out (VoIP) Cisco 7960 series phones, switches, etc
    I have never had IT experience before and lucky thing for me is that I submitted my CV to this agency and they called me in to discuss my search options and I told them I was looking 4 IT jobs, couple of days later they phoned me saying they have a job doing data entry and I decided to go for it, they sent me for an interview (an interview is what I thought) went there and found out they have already taken me on and another guy from the same agency & we worked 10 hours that same day, and from day 1 we were building (assembling) IP phones and updating and documenting all this on spread sheets, later it got more involved with switches and troubleshooting end user issues. Did that job for 4 months contract and the project was coming a close so had to leave that job, since then I have applied for a lot of IT jobs but had no luck so far and I was just tired but now that I’ve read your story I think may be I can get in a role like that, (I already have CompTIA Network+ cert now) so I am gonna start my job search again full speed :bud :peace

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri