Just about to start MCDST through Computeach

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by simonp83, Feb 16, 2009.

1. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Unless you are an MCP already just leave that blank.

I am not sure of whether you are allowed to use both the 2nd shot and a discount voucher. To be honest, being lazy as i am, i never bothered to check and just used the 2nd shot when i registered for mine. Might be worth calling Prometric and checking whether you are still eligible for 2nd shot. Perhaps they can swap the discount for that if it has conflicted.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  2. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

When i do quick reply, it never seems to show up :s.

Ok, have the 271 press kit and took the practice exam on the disk without reading the back and scored 31/45, key areas to look at being chapter 2 and chapter 5. Gonna cram this week and setting up the exam for next Friday in Newark.

Currently on the Prometric website though booking it and it's asking if i know what my MCP ID is, i have an ID that starts SR554**** but nothing else, is this it or is it something i get once i pass the 271 and use when i go for the 272 exam? Also, i've applied the 15% voucher and it's brought the total price down by 15%, from £88, and i've also put in the Second Chance voucher code, but the Second Chance doesn't appear on bit where you put your credit in, should it?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

If you are not an MCP you won't have an MCP ID yet, so leave it blank.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

If you have that much experience, why both paying Computeach anything? Get the books, book the exams.

You don't need a training company.

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If you haven't done a Microsoft exam before you won't have an MCP ID (until you start or finish the exam).

As far as I remember from other peoples experience Prometric won't allow you to use the discount voucher and the second shot together.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685