just a quick quesion

Discussion in 'A+' started by pwd_directory, Dec 11, 2010.

1. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

i am going to take a+ test on 22nd. i cant afford to fail so please advice.i have read exam cram all in 7th edition mike meyers.

2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

especially for reinforcement in areas you might be weak in you could take a look at the professor messer videos: http://www.professormesser.com/free...essers-free-220-70x-comptia-a-training-course

look over the test objectives make sure you have a good grasp of them all

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

THANKS alot

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Get yourself some practice exams (don't over use them) to see where you're weak and concentrate on those area.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Few things I found during the exams that helped me...

Seems simple but read the questions properly.
    Got quite a few practice exam questions wrong by going for what seemed like the obvious answers and then reviewed them and realised I didnt quite read the question right, for example it may describe a troubleshooting problem that may ask for the most LIKELY answer. This may be different answer to the same question but asks what you should check FIRST.

Also I found it helped to flag any questions you're not CERTAIN of, some of the later questions seemed to give hints to some of the earlier questions.

Keep on eye on the time, have a quick check every now and then to see how you're doing time wise compared to the number of questions you have left, remember you want to have enough time to review too. If you're spending too long on a question, flag it and come back to it.

On the first run through and flagged about 25-35% of the questions then made a second run on the flagged questions that I spent a little more time on, removing the flags as I was satisfied. Then a final run on the last few flagged questions I was really struggling on spending the remaining time on those.

These tips seemed to work for me in the end, I guess it's personal preference mind.

Best of luck!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  6. pwd_directory

pwd_directory Bit Poster

thanks all for helping

7. Georgiesickjitz

Georgiesickjitz Byte Poster

I agree,

practice exams really helped me.they give you an idea of some of the questions you will be asked.Generally they are more difficult than the actual reals one.

Videos really helped to get a good understanding of lots of differing parts. try http://http://www.professormesser.com/free-a-plus-training/220-701/professor-messers-free-220-70x-comptia-a-training-course

He gives really clear instructions and information.I have a feeling you will use this on your next cert.

Certifications: CompTIA A+,CompTIA Network
    WIP: CCNA