Just a hello

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by alnaz, Feb 25, 2005.

1. alnaz

alnaz New Member

Hello all found this site whilst searching for info on cercotraining.co.uk/ looking at starting their intensive course and searching for any info if anyone has any good or bad. Looking for a change of career currently working as a gas fitter. Thought their approach seemed good but a little pricey

besr regards Naz

Certifications: ACS CCN1, CEN1, WAT1,HTR1,WAT1,DAH1
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Naz. Welcome to CertForums. I've changed careers as well. Previously was in psychology and social work and now am a technical writer for a software company. Let us know what we can do to help out.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

H there, welcome to Certforums!! [​IMG] What is it you are planning to study?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  4. alnaz

alnaz New Member

It is a course designed as a stepping-stone of getting a job in IT in a network support role. I am interested in networking and their approach seems to allow you to get an entry level job as a support tech then work for a few months to gain experience then go back and take further exams (A+). I am just looking around at the moment trying to find what courses are out there and advice on how to start a path onto further training to gain quals and experience employers want. I enjoy working with computers i have built my own and a couple for friends, have not networked any yet but in the process of building a new one and then putting this in the kids room and then link them.

Regards Naz

Certifications: ACS CCN1, CEN1, WAT1,HTR1,WAT1,DAH1
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forum [​IMG]

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome, Naz - good to see you [​IMG]

I'm pretty certain we haven't had much if any reference to cercotraining before now, but I might be wrong - the Training & Development Forum is the place to start off.

Main thing would be find out exactly what your getting for your money, and beware ANY promises of guaranteed employment / placements. Pinch of salt required there, my friend, whatever the Course Provider.

Anyway, start a post in the above Forum, and you'll soon get plenty more opinions on this.

Hope that helps :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome to the forum Naz.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

My bad, Phil - thanks for that [​IMG]

I normally have a good recollection of what Co's we've mentioned in the past - guess that one missed have slipped through !

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Welcome aboard...:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  11. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

lol, I only remembered because I took their online test to see what it was like and they keep sending me bumf now :)

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  12. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

Welcome to certforums alnaz .

my unbiased advice on this is simple. Save your money, get some books study hard pass your exam(s) and spend the money saved on a nice holiday.

Certifications: N+ MCP 210
    WIP: MCSE
  13. Loki30000

Loki30000 Bit Poster

Welcome Alnaz, in my research i have found that although any one training Co may lok expensive, genrally they are all of a simular price (give or take a hundred :blink ). that's me done :)

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: Home learning C++. Then VB and JAVA