Junos - Fast track 100% free

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by adencool, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Actually, I think I said that a while back.

8)

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

Thanks for sharing, adencool :biggrin

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I can't believe some of the negativity toward this. If Cisco just released a similar offer everyone would be jumping for joy.

We are about to replace our global WAN routers with Juniper, so once i have my CCNA i will be getting on this.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Can't believe that there is a problem with this thread. HP do their own courses and certification LINKY

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

What - in so much as the 'show' command is the same? :biggrin

Seriously - anyone who uses IOS regularly will find it pretty easy to figure out the syntax for JUNOS - the commands are pretty easy to figure out... but they sure ain't the same, Sally!

And, for grins, try administering a Netscreen from the CLI if you come from a PIX background...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Didn't mean they were exactly the same... I meant they were similar. Meaning, I won't have to wander in the forest aimlessly to figure out what I want. :) After all, it doesn't take a rocket doctor to figure out that "show ospf" in Junos is the same as "show ip ospf" in Cisco.

If the layout and features and commands were radically different from Cisco's IOS, then it'd be much more difficult to make the transition, and I wouldn't bother. As it is, I might just give it a shot.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!