Joining the BCS?

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by THXbob, Nov 8, 2007.

1. THXbob

THXbob Bit Poster

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone here has joined the British Computer Society (BCS). Is it good value at £88 and what benefits does it offer?

I work as a Network administrator and have just started my A+ to help me back into studying and furthering my career and skills set.

Thanks

Bob

WIP: CompTIA A+ and Network+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'm in the BCS. I'm an AMBCS. Couldn't really see the need to go for the full MBCS. 8)

They send you a nice little magazine every now and then.....

3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've joined as an AMBCS, looking to upgrade to MBCS in Jan (I didn't know if it would benefit me, hence the AMBCS). I don't really participate in any of the events/get togethers. But I do use the careerbuilder, SFiA portion, the online library and the new job seekers part of the site.

I mainly joined to help support the Professionalism of IT & I want to achieve the CITP status, after all why should engineers, accountants, surveyors, etc be classed as a better professions than IT.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

I was a graduate member, but gave it up due to its irrelvance in the games industry. I used to go to the presentations/lectures on occasion which were quite good. Also joined the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, and took just as much interest.

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I also was a graduate member but never reapplied as I only ever received one newsletter/magazine.

And an invite to some black tie do :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?