jobs for MCDST???

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by bobby24london, Jul 1, 2009.

1. bobby24london

bobby24london Bit Poster

i was just wondering whether the MCDST is much sort after by employers?? ive had a look at it jobs watch and cant find any jobs in london any views????

2. piccadilly

piccadilly Byte Poster

Its rare that they initially advertised the exact MCP that they want you to have. When you speak to the agent who is handling the job, only then you will find out.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said ^

I am not being funny but if you are studying the MCDST you should know what it is related to so you should be applying for those jobs.

i.e Help desk (xp related), supporting Windows XP and applications running on it etc etc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

GBL thats not what he was saying though he was only asking if employers actually advertise for MCDST staff much, not that he didnt know what tier of support the cert was aimed at.

As such no I dont think I've really seen any employer asking for MCDST qualified persons, however if a job specifies it requires an MCP then thats great cause you'll be one after passing just one exam. The MCDST is good for helpdesk and also 2nd line in some places (some places have call loggers at helpdesk level that then fire jobs off to server guys or desktop guys etc etc).

Just keep looking for jobs and applying for those you think will interest you, You will likely get more hits at the lower level of IT at the moment, but thats not to say you can't try a peg above.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Do employers advertise for MCDST candidates? Not usually, no. Does it help your CV? In my opinion, yes. Some employers haven't even heard of the MCDST; perhaps your CV will cause them to find out about it... and be impressed that you're "on top" of IT enough to have a certification they should have known about.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!