Job website hit by major breach

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Job website hit by major breach

Hackers are believed to have stolen the personal details of millions of people using the online job site Monster.

Users around the world have been affected, including the 4.5 million users of the UK site.

If all are affected it would make it the biggest data theft in the UK since the details of 25 million child benefit claimants went missing last year.

The recruitment giant has advised people to change their passwords and be on the lookout for phishing e-mails.

Recruitment sites have proved rich pickings for criminally-minded hackers in the past and it is not the first time Monster has fallen foul of cyber thieves.

Read the whole news article here.

Compliment to GiddyG for the find :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. greenbrucelee
      greenbrucelee
      I'm glad I closed my monster account last year, I always thought that site sucked and the service was ****e too.
    2. GiddyG
      GiddyG
      What's that coming over the hill?
      Is it a monster?
      No, it's a hacker...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ok... my humour obviously passed you all by. Just in case you didn't know, I was referring to The Automatic.