Job update

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Jul 5, 2012.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Thought id give you lot an update on my new job although its not really IT.

Basically if you buy a TV from the place that rhymes with vomit, there's a great chance that well be fixing it, if there are any issues. At the moment we are basically replacing broken screens with new ones, and checking that the voltage is correct with a multimeter. The days seem to go very quick but maybe thats due to the work being new, although i am rushed off my feet as i like being busy. People are decent and the way it works (as were agency) is if you show willing and dont **** about people treat you decent etc, like in normal places i suppose.

Im still looking for an IT job, applied for3 this week and have been shortlisted for another so hopefully something will come. One thing i know i love about this job is the hours. We do 4 10 hour days, from tues - fri, so i dont get that monday morning feel lol. Also give me time to carry on with my certs and extra job hunting etc.

ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That job sounds like fun. Good luck with your search for a job in IT mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sounds perfect to get some cash in and keep studying. Well done mate

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs