Job Source UK - too much like Careerjobs UK?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by andy2510, Aug 27, 2011.

1. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

I've just had another call from them!

This time I mentioned I've already spoke to one of his colleagues before. he wanted to know which one (I said I couldn't remember) and that it was for a Network Engineer position that was out of my league. We didn't go any further on this (he was quite pleasant about it) however it seems their systems are a bit rubbish if it allows the same people to be called more than once (though this could be due to the Data Protection Act).

The main dubious thing about this company is calling job seekers out of the blue to lure them into a false sense of security before selling training for jobs which may or may not exist (they get the details from the public listings at Totaljobs, Monster et al) - whether they are good training providers compared to the likes of Computeach or the others recommended on this forum is not for me to judge.

2. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

Hi Jenni

Why argue? You've had a good experience with Job Source, good for you. The best way to treat these companies is to use the services they provide!! I just hope they don't recommend you use Braindumps to help passing exams - using them can result in disqualification of all passed exams and is therefore not recommended by any of the main training centres.

Remember I am training with Computeach so it would be a bad idea for me to do training with anyone else.

Good luck with your training.

3. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

Sorry to triple-post but I had another call from them today, this time with a different tactic.

The person who called said they received my application for an IT engineer (I didn't apply - I've applied for many things so they are hoping to catch people out with this - Careerjobsuk also use this technique) and asked if I was available for a phone interview. I didn't catch the name at first (I was at the local tip at the time) and when she said Jobsource I referred to the previous calls I received from them. She mentioned about the course at that point - letting the cat out of the bag!

Just another thing to look out for.

4. arsenal

arsenal New Member

English is not my first language so sorry in advance for the spelling !

I got on Friday a phone call from a guy from jobsourceuk claiming that i applied to an add on gum tree but i didn't send him my CV .This was a bit confusing for me cause i usually don't reply to an add without sending at least a cover letter ; he told me that i didn't send anything,just a reply . I was out at the time he called me so i told him that i will send him the cv once i get home . So he didn't have my CV but he called me anyway (that is a bit strange). He asked for my email address but at first i said it to him wrongly then he called me back .I would like to point out that he had a very aggressive approach,he seemed in a hurry or something like that .So when he called me back he told me that the email address bounced and i said to him that i gave him the wrong email address ,and that's when he started to get a bit rude using a high tone and saying "It's your email address ,you don't know your email address" ...wow ,what was that ? ...i tried to tell him that is a brand new address and to take it easy as I am outside and in a bit of a situation at the moment - and he said to that "Are you looking for an excuse now ?" - wow ,what was that ? ..then he hung up and i was supposed to send him my cv when i got home .I got home ,i sent him the CV then he called me again saying that he received it and he wants to have an interview with me (with his manager on the line listening) and at the end he and the manger will decide if I am suitable to start doing some microsoft certification courses online to work as an network engineer ,and that his company has contracts with other companies and after i finish the courses i will get employed . So after one hour he called me back to have the interview (with the manager on the line listening) .He told me to go on jobsourceuk com ,he gave me a password and I went trough with him trough a presentation ,i had to click next when he told me (he didn't seem to happy when i went to the wrong address at first -again seemed very aggressive and impatient ) .So we went trough all of those slides ,he asked me questions ..at first look things seemed for real but i had a problem with the persons attitude ... he also sent me some files with the training program that looked real ,the only draw back was the guy's attitude problem and impatience . So at the end he put me on hold ,said he'll have a quick word with his manager ,then after about two minutes he was back on the line saying I was accepted to enter the program . On the spot I was feeling very happy about it ,he told me that i will have to work hard ,do extra hours and it wont be easy .
    And here is the bad part ,after i was set on my mind with the prospect of the job and all ,I was supposed to pay 79pounds a month for about 4 months for the courses ,and he said they don't really need that money (as they live on the "big fat cheques " that they receive from the companies to who they sent employes , like me - he used "big fat cheques" several times which to me didn't sound very professional ) .So he asked me for my card details , like i said ,being on ilusions with the prospect of the opportunity given , i GAVE THEM TO HIM - everything , he asked if it's debit or credit ,he asked the card number ,the name on the card exactly how it appears , start date ,end date , the three digit number on the back ,if it's registered on my current address . Then he said i will receive an email with an name and password so i can start the training and another email with the payment confirmation .then he gave me a few names and a telephone number then said goodbye .

After about 5 min ,when the ilusion effect was not as strong I realized that i have given all my card details to a guy that I only talked over the phone . I panicked a bit ,then i called the bank to cancel the card.
    After about an hour i received an email with a loggin name and password but didn't get any payment confirmation that it has been done or not .No money left my account .
    In the email received there is a link to central mindleaders com .Didn't try to loggin as I continue to have doubts if it's a very elaborate scam or not .
    If it is not then they have a very poor system and way to do things ,and a very impatient employee.
    Talking to him over the phone he told me the rate of employment after the courses is about 91 or 92 % or something like that .So i looked trough the internet to find some feedback from people that actually have gone trough with the courses .I just wrote "jobsourceuk reviews" on google and didn't find anything.

That's about it , I am curious to see if the guy will call me again on Monday to ask me about the payment.
    I'll be back with updates.

5. satz

satz Bit Poster

Hello, Got a call yesterday which i nearly fell for. Until i read cert forums and a few other sites. But I've left it better to be safe then sorry and not be parted with my cash.

6. Rej

Rej New Member

I Find this company on direct.gov.uk website. I send my CV than, and they contact me by mb phone. I have an interviu and... I pass it ( don't belive :) ) About 30 min thay try to say me, what I'm will be very happy to enjoy this training ( MCSE ) only for 79 pound in mounth pay as you go. They took first payments for registration, and say me, what they never took money from my account, but I WILL PAY SELF! After this, I move in other address, and don't have internet connection about 4 weeks, after I was very bussy, and don't have time to look on my internet banking. After 5 mounths, I was surprised... This guys took 79 pounds every mounth, and don't ask me!!!! They don't send me any paper work, nothing! When I look on internet information about this company, I was surprised again... This website was created few days before they contact me!!! I call in my bank, and they give me phone number wich one they get from this company... Again surprise: when I caled this number is... College in Birmingham!!!! They are Scamers, who use existing companyes names for stiling money!!! In my situation, they use 3 different names: jobsourceuk, Vision training and College from Birmingham... Dont trust this guys!!!! They are still money! I try to take back all money wich one they stil from me ( about 400 pounds ). Don't trust this scammers!!!! And one think more... When I try first step online training from this comany, on training was MS OFFICE!!!! But I learn MCSE not Office!!!!

7. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

Thats a new one - college in Birmingham! They are normally (at least the calls I get) London based. Suppose they are spreading out across the country!

8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It wouldn't surprise me if there was more than one company operating the same business model, as it seems to be a very profitable one.

Of course, to be absolutely accurate they are not 'stealing' your money.
    You are agreeing to give it to them in exchange for ****-all.

Important difference.

:oops:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. andy2510

andy2510 Bit Poster

It would be interesting to know what the name of the college is - it's my neck of the woods so I'll know if it's genuine or not.