Job possibility

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kevicho, Aug 1, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Had a 50 Minute phonecall from a company (not an agency) about working on one of their sites.

The company is a MS gold partner and has various other accreditations, and they look really good.

The conversation itself was friendly and the role sounds busy with more than the usual aspects of it.

They said they were looking for personality as well as IT skills, (lesson for all you looking to get into IT, skills can be trained, but pretty much whatever role in IT you have nowadays you need customer skills as well).

They are going to make a second phonecall today as the role is in Leeds, which is a little travel (50 quid a week in train fairs) and early mornings, but this company does sound like they are worth working for, as they value training their staff, I told her about my self study which she said was something they look for in employees, so things are looking good, and to be honest i can afford the travel expenses as im good at budgeting.

If the phone interview (and a few more questions - poor thing i think she had had enough it was 6pm when we put the phone down) part 2 goes well, then i should be visiting site next tuesday (I have next week off) to meet one of the high level techs who i think runs it.

3 weeks till this role ends, and its looking good.

Thanks to all who helped with my CV.

Kev

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Good for you !

Hope it goes well :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Another call from a very big company.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sharpening up your CV seems to be working for you:), best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Good luck on the job. I know personally for me that when I am applying for jobs it always makes me nervous as I don't really know what's going to happen. We can only hope for the best.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good luck 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Perhaps you could let us know when your old job gets advertised ? :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  8. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Unfortunately my old job will cease to exist in 4 weeks :(