JOB OPPORTUNITY! Wan infrastructure/ISP company, networking support role!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by millsie, Feb 17, 2013.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Hi all,

Well its a good time for the company I work for at the moment with quite a few opportunities coming up.

I would like to see who on CF might fit the bill for an intro and possible interview. The company is a WAN infrastructure/ISP firm dealing with large networks and who are now moving into the LAN sector with some very large contracts having just been secured.

The position/s are working on the NOC helpdesk as a network support analyst, dealing with customers/3rd party companies and field engineers. It is office based only but would be a great start-in and launch pad for any budding network admins/engineers. Lots of troubleshooting and exposure to lots of different networking tech, Cisco/Adtran/Zhone, routers/switches/DSLAM's etc..live configuring of kit etc..

The ideal candidates will have excellent customer service exp, aswell as some technical certs such as N+ and/or CCNA or MS certs.

The position/s may either be straight days Mon to Fri, or working in the 24/7 NOC shift work varied pattern with a decent shift bonus paid for the unsocial work, 12 hour rotating shifts.

I have been there for a year and a half now and its a great company to work for with excellent staff retention, and is growing at a very fast rate.

Anyone interested I would only really like to hear from peeps who have customer service exp, and some sort of Networking/IT certs, or at least worked with networking tech. They are being quite picky at the moment with who they take on so I only really want to put you forward if I think you fit the bill.

PM me your details/experience and/or CV and ill let you know. :)

Cheers all

Millsie

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, forgot to say the company is based in Surrey so only really for people commuting distance. Anywhere south London, Surrey, Sussex or Hampshire at a push.

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
    Rik likes this.
  2. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Cant believe theres only been 1 person interested! Is the jobs market really that good?!

3. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

Here's my opinion as to possibilites why:

1 - Not enough people have read this topic
    2 - You've not posted any idea of salary, from experience I've found jobs that dont post a salary to be crap pay (just what I've found though and more than lightly isnt always the case)
    3 - Is it on shift or is it not? You've said it might be either. Never been a fan of changing shifts especially if they mess up your sleep pattern. Think i read somewhere that it can be a contributing factor to health problems as well (though i dont think there was any result that proved this 100%). Either way though it would be nice to know for sure if it is or isnt on shift patterns.

Only ideas so dont take them to heart :)

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662
  4. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

In answer to your points.
    I cannot confirm salary as I am not the one hiring, rather I am introducing people to the company and have not been told what it would be, safe to say a lot of people, and I know I was at the time, should be really interested in a position like this no matter what the salary and would be happy to apply regardless. But yes salary is important.
    Also, and maybe I wasnt clear enough. There is probably more than one position going, both normal day shift positions Mon to Fri and also 24/7 NOC positions (attracting 15% extra shift bonus)
    Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers, Millsie

5. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Do you get a any monetary incentive if the person is hired?

Certifications: A few.
  6. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

No, the reason I am introducing is because my company has asked us all if we have any contacts with IT exp. I am interested in doing this for the company as we are short on our desk at the moment due to all the new contracts so its in my interest to get people on board.

Can I ask why you want to know? Do you think that might put people off if they think I am benefiting? Why should that be important?

7. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I would definitely respond if it wasn't in the UK :)

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  8. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Another position has come up in the 24/7 NOC team if anyone is interested? Surrey Based company.

9. force1

force1 Bit Poster

where abouts in surrey? ta

Certifications: 70-647
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, 70-643
  10. kingoranks

kingoranks Bit Poster

where in surrey?Im interested.

Certifications: MCP,MCTS,MCITP,MCSA
    WIP: SERVER 2008- (70-640)
  11. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Send me a PM with your experience and ill tell you where it is. I need to make sure you fit the skills and experience before i give you any more info. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, send me a PM and we'll have a chat privately. Message me your skills/experience.

12. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

If I was closer I would bite your hand off, as I have no transport though, a train commute to Surrey every day doesn't appeal, a great opportunity to someone though :)