1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Oppertunity ( help )

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Peter, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

What interests you in developing a career in IT,

That is a question that has been put to me in a questionnaire and every time I start typing this wee voice in my head says no, no, no,:cry:

Please can you help me with this on.

Thread moved (J)

Certifications: Elec & Eelc Eng A+
    WIP: CCNA-CCNP
  2. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

That's a ridiculously broad question; can I ask what the questionnaire is for? It might help us to answer.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

There is an apprenticeship came up in the company I work for, I sent in my application and CV, and that was not enough as they sent me this,

Career motavation Question,

1, What interests you in developing a career in IT,?
    2,What qualities, skills & experiance do you have which you think will make you successfull in a role in IT?

There are more questions but these two are the two that I am lost for talented words.

4. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Well, not sure about the 'talented' words.

Now, you're not allowed to quote - you have to do your own homework :rolleyes: :biggrin

But for me - it would be the pace of the environment. IT is a non-recessive, proactive industry, that allows you to constantly learn. Because of the broad spectrum of jobs in the IT field, you can grow into a role that you feel is the one you want for your future. What you progressively learn will also go hand in hand with benefitting your company's needs also; any major company wants to keep up with technological advances. (apart from mine. We may as well still write on slate blocks with chalk).

Skills, qualities and experience - only you can answer those. But even if you've cleaned chewing gum off the keyboard of a pesky 3 year old's PC - it counts :)

Good luck man!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. Peter

Peter Byte Poster

Thanks for that Arroryn.I owe you one.