Job offer through linkedIn

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Theprof, May 21, 2010.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

So today I got an offer for a job as a Systems Administrator, permanent. It consists of building, maintaining and troubleshooting a windows server 2003/2008 environment including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc and SQL.

I've been in the field for 4 years with one year as a network admin. Fortunately I really like my job so I didn't take the offer.

Reason I am mentioning this is because I find that LinkedIn really works. If you take the time to set it up, get connected to other people and keep updating your profile, people really do notice... and this is not first time I've been asked to come in for interviews or given job offers. I know we have thread about linked in but I really feel that it's beneficial to any IT professional, besides it doesn't hurt in setting it up.

What I do, is every time I do something major, I put it on LinkedIn, like accomplishments, contracts, certifications, etc... and that way I stay current and when time comes to update my CV I just turn to linked in and pull all the information from there.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Indeed, LinkedIn does work. Our BCS Treasurer was approached about a job through it and now jets off all over Europe and the UK.

For those unsure or who don't know about LinkedIn see this thread !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Since being made redundant, I have been contacting IT Managers / Execs to get information and advice via Linked In. Found it extremely useful.