JOB - IT Support Engineer - Dorset NHS

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Wassup, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

This is my job being advertised, as I'm emigrating sometime soon and they are looking for a replacement (so you better be good!)

You'd be based in Dorchester, but you'll probably get a van with a fuel card which can be used to and from work as well as driving around the patch doing jobs.

We currently support about 50 sites and thousands of users around the west and north of the county, from Lyme Regis to Shaftesbury to Blandford. You'll be expected to learn bespoke healthcare systems quickly, but there are opportunities for training as well if you want to get more into Networking and Firewalls, such as Cisco and Juniper.

It's a multi-domain environment running everything Microsoft from Windows NT Exchange Server to virtual Server 2003, haven't gone up to 2008 yet, after all this is the NHS we're talking about ;) It's a predominately 2nd line position doing some 1st line work, about a 70/30 split at the moment.

I'll try and answer any questions you might have.

The link - http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=912172967

:D

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

That looks like a great opportunity for someone! I do keep an eye on the NHS site for jobs, although i understand that many posts are filled internally - I have seen some posts marked up as "internal applications only please". :(
    Where are you off?

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

From memory when we met up before Xmas he's off to the land of Oz.

Just not quite enough dosh for me to consider :(

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Good luck in Auz

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  5. Wassup

Wassup Byte Poster

cheers guys :)

Yes, it is true, many positions are filled internally, but this one is open to all

Sunny Australia beckons :beers2