Job interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by elli5on, Nov 6, 2006.

1. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

Well, i didnt ask until they mentioned that i would have no choice to become an MCP. Then i hit them with the question, as previously stated..... ''Do you offer training to employees for certifications such as MCDST?'' And the reply was.......''Absaloutely, not only that but also MCSA and MCSE''

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  2. elli5on

elli5on Kilobyte Poster

OK guys, so i have been in my new job now for about 6-7 weeks, the job is ok.... But ideally i would want to be leaving in about 6 months time!! Working on behalf of pc world is a bit of a bum, Mainly due to the fact your not aloud to go to technical with the customers, Mainly keeping it basic... i.e diagnosing if the HDD is faulty and if so arrange an engineer visit for replacement. Or running system restore's or recovery's etc etc.

Need to get into the practical side of things, sooner the better.

Local shops would be great if i could do it. I have offered my services for FREE and still have had no joy.

Fingers crossed.

Craig

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: Thinking of MCDST
  3. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

That's a very good skill to have.

Keep your head down until you've got your next cert - then look.

That's what I'm doing anyway..

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  4. Frontier

Frontier Byte Poster

I wish you the best of luck with your new role. The main thing is you are getting experience in something you want to do, even if it isnt the job you really want its a foot in the door and will help you progress onto something you really do enjoy.