Job Interview advice

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Haroon Mustafa, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Haroon Mustafa

Haroon Mustafa Byte Poster

Hello,

I had a job interview on Friday which lasted for 2 hours.

Is that a good thing? It started at half 2 and went on to around half 4

I don't mean to be so optimistic, but is this a good sign? It seems so.

Also, they said they would contact me on Monday.

Does that mean i have got the job? I have not heard from them so far.
    Should i contact them?

Any help would be lovely as this is a great job for me!

Kind regards
    Haroon

Certifications: Cisco IT Essens - Various College Btech Certs
    WIP: Study CCNA 1 / apprentice at Level 2 Stage
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Sit tight, these things take time, if it gets to Friday without a call, contact them and make polite enquiries.

Haroon Mustafa likes this.
  3. Haroon Mustafa

Thanks! Ill do exactly that!

Why would the interviewer say he`d contact me on Monday? Would they not think i am not interested if i dont contact them :) Sorry to make it confusing

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I don't know, maybe the guy meant to but was off sick, maybe he was busy today, etc.

Call Wednesday if you think they were going to call Monday.

You want them to remember you but you don't want to pester them, so its a balance.

5. Haroon Mustafa

The guy said we will be in contact on Monday. I will contact them tomorrow. My contract ends on Friday and I'd love to get in to a job the following week! I am really keen for this! Aha; as you can tell!

Thanks a lot!

6. JohnBradbury

JohnBradbury Kilobyte Poster

In my experience as a hiring manager, interviewers don't waste time stretching out an interview if the candidate isn't suitable. Having said that, the length of time a interview takes will obviously vary depending on the seniority of the advertised position.

If this was for Service Desk or Desktop Support then I'd say it was a fairly long interview. Which in my opinion is a very good sign. If it was for an Infrastructure or Architecture role then I'd say 2-3 hours was standard and therefore nothing can be inferred from the length of time the interview lasted.

I'd give them until Wednesday before following up.

7. Haroon Mustafa

Wow! I will be providing first and second line support. So, that's a good sign! Glad to hear it! :D

do you think I should contact the employer tomorrow? They said they'll get hold of me on Monday.

Thanks dude!

8. garycul

garycul Nibble Poster

Best wait until they call. Try to be patient !

Certifications: 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices, 70-680 Configuring Windows 7, 70-687 Configuring Windows 8.1, TCP/IP ON NT4, NT 4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, ITIL SLM Practitioner, ITIL v2 and v3 Foundation
  9. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Wait for them to call, only call them on Thursday or Friday.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  10. cam1025

cam1025 New Member

If they have not contacted you at all, it means they have move onto another candidate. You need to continue your job search.

11. pwalia2008

pwalia2008 New Member

I also think if they haven't contact they might have moved to other candidate

12. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

I'm waiting to hear back on a job interview myself. It will be three weeks this Thursday so I'm not hopeful plus similar to you, my expectations were set that I'd hear soon. I've never stared at my mobile so much in all my life ha ha How did you get on with this seeing as the thread has come back up?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs