Job Hunting And Resume Question

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Tarkus, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Tarkus

Tarkus New Member

I just passed both Core and OS A+ test. Now my focus will be on a Resume. What I really wan't to do is something part time. My question is when should I bring that up? In my resume, at the beginning of an interview, at the end, when I get an acceptance call, or some other time that I haven't thought of yet. I've had a part time music job for about 25 yrs.which pays $70 per hour. I know I won't make that in IT but my passion for computers is making me pursue this. I can do some rescheduling to accommodate a fulltime IT job but some of the music is in schools which must be done during the day. Thanks for any and all input.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If you are only interested in working part time then you should really only be looking at positions which specificaly say that they are part time.

If there are none in your area, they try contacting people who are advertising and asking if they would consider taking you on part time.

As far as your CV (resume) goes have you thought about creating two seperate ones. One for you music career, and one for your IT career? Although there will be sections of the two that are identical having a CV that focuses primarilly on your IT side can only help.

8)

3. Tarkus

Tarkus New Member

Im just interested in an IT resume. Although I will use my music experiences like customer relations on that resume. The music is a well established self-employed kind of thing.