Job guaranteed or your money!!!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by rabmerab, Mar 17, 2010.

1. insider_anon

insider_anon New Member

I used to work for a TP making such a promise. The way they can do so and remain within the law is this: first, you have to complete the course as you bought it. That could have meant completing an MCSE and a CCNP in three years, for example - if those two programmes together made up the course you were sold. I am a former IT manager and technical trainer, and I don't think I could have done that from scratch. However, even if you are gifted enough, and have enough time on your hands, to get close, there are all sorts of delaying tactics whereby the TP can actively prevent your completion by target date. If you don't meet the date with all your pass certificates in hand, the promise is void. Secondly, if you do manage to complete all the conditions, and very few do, the "job" is not one of the £35k positions they dangled in front of you in order to sell you the course. If they find you a 12k job as a data entry clerk, it is still an "IT related position" as defined in the small print. Refuse it, or refuse to be interviewed for it, and you invalidate your claim. Finally, if you manage to meet every condition and overcome every small print exception (I've never heard of anyone doing that), do they grudgingly return your £5.5k (or whatever) fee? No. They return 1% or 2% of it. Then the following month, if you still haven't found your job, they return another 1% or 2%. There is nothing there that promises to return it to you all at once, and this is what they will point out. Eventually, you get so tired of waiting for your refund, you take that £12k job..... To round things off, the contract you sign states that the small print represents your agreement exclusively, and that nothing stated orally or in writing, with no exceptions, will form any part of your agreement. That includes promises made orally to you by a salesperson.

2. JamRok

JamRok New Member

Futures development went bust April 9th much to my dismay. I was half way threw my Security plus after completing my N plus. Now i'm out of pocket and no where to go. I just wish i'd discovered this forum before i started. I guess it was my own stupidity of wanting to believe they were giving me a way forward.

I'm looking at self study as the only way forward now as all these companies are doing is providing the same material online at an inflated cost

3. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Good luck with that one, I contacted my local MP twice on that very issue asking why (in politer terms than this) they let these thieving bastards get away with it.... The first response ducked the issue and did its best to blame someone else the second rabbited on about the orphan works provision in the digital economy bill :blink

The complete disinterest I see amongst my friends when it comes to politics starts to make so much more sense after that.....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  4. Slimepuppy

Slimepuppy New Member

Well I did a bit of research and found one of the directors Christopher Gravillis - he's doing this pyramid scam along the lines of he can lead you to wealth routine, and beat this I had mentioned Futures Development as a scam in December 2008 but they demanded I pull the post I put on even though there was no evidence I was the person who posted it. They actually read this forum, well if you want to get some payback give me an idea on your experience there is a guy in Paisley who got conned by them too. As for me I did 20 minutes of work for neigh on £1500. The thing is that the Sale of Goods act covers refunds also there is the unfair terms & conditions if you read them they were technically illegal in many aspects. Given that the directors are in their 20's and they don't come from IT backgrounds suggests they just used the company to get money and then dump it and leave with the money. I can testify they are a bunch of liars, their evidence was so full of falshoods and their behaviour was such that if I had been better informed by a lawyer would of resulted in them loosing the case.

Certifications: Degree in Computer Science
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Maybe your lawyer couldn't understand you?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

He can make you wealthy. This is how he does it.

First he make some adverts promising some idiots that if they lots of money to do some courses that they will get a really big mega paid job.

He then sends the people some dodgy material probably stolen from other material to the people and says study this stuff you will an expert and earn lots of cash.

He then sends the people or makes them do tests which prolongs their course meaning they have to pay more money.

Then the are given a dodgy IT job doing data entry all day long.

Lots of idiots paying lots of money = rich rich rich :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I've actually thought "this isn't such a bad idea really" haha. As bad as that is.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3