job experience anyone?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by moominboy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hiya folks. currently slogging my way thru a+ books at the moment but have read loads of times about getting hands on experience to be able to actually get a job.

the problem is that im in the army and when there is an i.t problem the offending machine gets unplugged and sent away to be fixed. which makes it a tad hard to get hands on time.

so im wondering is there anyone here from the wiltshire/hampshire area whose company/dept. etc, would let me work with them in my time off?

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Sorry, Can't help you moominboy.

If you were in the north east though I'd let you come to my place.

8)

3. moominboy

well hopefully moving up to that area when i get out so you never know! ;)

4. moominboy

no takers then? i make a damn fine coffee.....nope? :cry:

5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Try some of the local schools m8 esp the primary schools, they are always looking for IT help.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. GeorgeZip

GeorgeZip Bit Poster

Moomin, a bit of advice that has got me to where I am today... Promise the earth, work out how to deliver it later... :twisted:

Landed my second job on the basis I could design them an Exchange 5.5 system for and 1100 users, I'd seen the Exchange Admin console before then....

Now I get to spend millions of pounds a year and design for 15,000 people at the same company.. Still dont know what I'm dong.. hehe

7. moominboy

:hahaha love it!

i'll try the schools option, but my missus works for a college/seminar place so i'll ask up there too. the only slight prob is how much time i have to spare. can't chop and change working hours and only have 2-3 weeks leave left before april.

thanks for the input tho folks. i'll update this tomorrow after asking the college.