Job description help.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jake77, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jake77

jake77 Bit Poster

So I've seen an apprenticeship advertised by the title of 'apprentice administrator', and the description is as follows :- The apprentice will help with day-to-day tasks in the IT department, including troubleshooting PC hardware/software issues and reporting these. Possibility of some web design and basic server administration, along with basic administration tasks.

The candidate will gain general experience in IT Administration in a medium office/technical support environment.

I am trying to figure out the exact job role of this job, but struggling a little. Is it essentially an admin assistant job, or is it a little admin/it support. Regardless I'm still going to apply, just because its an easy way to get my foot into the door of the IT world, thoughts would be appreciated.

Certifications: 50m swimming certificate
    WIP: No cert, I'm an apprentice.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The best thing to do is to ask for an application pack/more information.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security