JNCIA-ER

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by hduk, Nov 28, 2007.

1. hduk

hduk New Member

Has anyone sat the JNCIA-ER using the Juniper fast track programme?

I was just wondering how hard it is. Juniper seem to think that if you have a Cisco cert 10-15 hours should be sufficient to convert.

I figured that it might be a good option to increase desireability.

Any comments?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Erm...Zeb?

I think that you're the only one around here that has any Juniper experience.

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, I've only messed with Cisco and Foundry. :(

Headhunter/Koen has Juniper experience, and has done the certifications (I believe through the fast track program), but I don't think he posts here... he's on MCSEWorld and CertCities...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Spice_Weasel

Spice_Weasel Kilobyte Poster

hduk, I intend to write the jncia-er fairly soon - I did the fastrack and I am currently preparing for the exam. At work we have only a few juniper routers compared to many cisco, so there has never been a great need to certify. But the fasttrack program seems a good opportunity and I enjoy learning about new equipment, so I felt it was worth the effort.

Spice_Weasel

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER,MCP
    WIP: CCIE
  5. Spice_Weasel

Spice_Weasel Kilobyte Poster

I wrote and passed the jncia-er exam after work today. If you are experienced on cisco equipment the exam is easy to prepare for, the Juniper provided material will do nicely, especially if you also go through Juniper's technical documentation as well. All in all, worth the effort if you have the opportunity to take it.

Spice_Weasel

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA-ER, JNCIS-ER,MCP
    WIP: CCIE
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!