1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JBC Training course

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by dinostar77, May 27, 2006.

1. dinostar77

dinostar77 New Member

Im new to this site, and really should introduce myself, which I will do, however i have a pressing question for which i require some sage advice.

I've been offered a 7 week full time training course with JBC training. However im not paying for it. Its free (sponsored graduate thing that they have just started).

What i am wondering is that is it really worth me leaving my job (which is in retail and i hate, but steady income) to do this course?

I would ideally like to become an IT trainer and not sure of the career path to follow other than A+,N+,MCSA,MCSE....

I am self studying at home for my A+ and from what Ive read on this forum, JBC training is equivalent to an N+ but without the actual qualification, you get one of their own in house qualifications which I dont think will be worth much.
    Im worried about doing the course and then being unemployed. What should I do? Has anyone done the seven week course with JBC?
    Please help...
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Hello dinostar77 and Welcome to CF.

This question has been asked before on another thread.

Here is the link:-

In house certification don't hold much weight in the industry. However at least you would get hands on training rather than learning by yourself. I'm in the same boat I did look at them, but my feeling was why spend the money when it's not CompTIA cert.

I think the best person to speak on A+ and CompTI is Boyce

Alternatively have a look at this website:-

Good Luck :biggrin
    Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+