James Whale.

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by NightWalker, May 6, 2008.

1. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Anyone else a fan of ‘the voice of reason’.

He was sacked from TalkSport today for allegedly urging listeners to vote for Conservative candidate Boris Johnson in London's mayoral elections. I am so angry, what a load of crap. We have free speech in this country, except for the bits that are legislated against, like promoting one political party over another, taking the mick out of religion. Maybe not the best things to do if you work in the media, but to take a man’s job after 13 years on the Radio.... Why not suspend the guy, wait for Ofcom to conclude their investigation. Its a sad day for radio in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7385370.stm

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What :ohmy James Whale rules his show was the best show on Talk Sport he is the voice of reason. I always listen to him when I am going home at night.

After listening to him for years and sort of knowing what he is like, if they offer him his job back he wont take it. Now what am I gonna listen too?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. boots2k

boots2k Bit Poster

sure, have been a fan since talk radio started. They also kicked out tommy boyyd for equal rubbish.

I only just found out by logging on to these forums

I hope he gets his own web station

WIP: MCDST
  4. greenbrucelee

I have been a fan of James Whale since his TV show and Tommy Boyd since Wackaday :p. Another present on Talk Sport who was good was Mike Dicken but he sadly died in car accident 2 years ago.

All that leaves now is John Gaunt and Ian Collin who have some big shoes to fill.

5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Irrespective of whether I agree with the slavering right wing nutcases on Talksport (I don't) I would defend until the death their right to air their views.

However, I think that, for all its faults, the political system in this country is worth defending and there are extremely seriosu rules regarding impartiality in the political arena. A radio host cannot be allowed to break every rule under the sun regarding impartiality laws and get away with it. If any station that had a, shall we say 'alternative' viewpoint exhorted listeners to vote for Ken Linvingstone, Brian Paddick, Sian Berry or indeed Richard Barnbrook, they would suffer exactly the same punishment.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. NightWalker

Don't forget Mike Mendoza, he is a great presenter. If James moves to another station I will listen to him there, or if he does an internet show I will still listen. Been listening to the guy for the best part of 10 years.

7. greenbrucelee

MIkes OK I find him a little slow sometimes, but then again his show is on from 1am.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you don't agree with their decision, let them know that you're going to stop listening. Simple as that. They may not care now... but they'll care if their ratings decline.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. NightWalker

Already emailed the station to complain about their decision.

10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. greenbrucelee

You mean two people actually watch BidTV thats two more than I thought :p

12. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Didnt know he had been sacked! C'MON TALK SPORT! SORT YERSELF OUT!!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  13. NightWalker

I had a reply to the email of complaint I sent to TalkSport.

Ofcom recieved a number of complaints... the BBC say it was 3...
    Wonder how many complaints TalkSport had about their decision to sack James. (I bet it was more than 3)

It's good he has another job. I think he can do better than selling tat on a shopping channel; though no doubt James can make it watchable! Can he still cut off muppet callers :)

14. NightWalker

News on the UK broadcaster James Whale. He is continuing his job on BidTV selling stuff, but more importantly he is back on the radio! :)

As of May 20th James Whale will broadcast live every Tuesday 6pm – 10pm on 'Play Radio UK Two', one of playradiouk.com's internet radio stations. The show will also be available as a podcast. Ofcom don’t have any restrictions on internet radio, so James can really speak his mind, although after listening to the first few podcasts he remains professional as always.

Play Radio UK

Podcast site

15. greenbrucelee

I found that out last night I'll be tuning in :)

16. NightWalker

I just listened to the podcast of the first two shows. It's the same as it was on TalkSport, same jingles, a few ad breaks etc. People phone, Skype or email in. Its what James does best, and the same great stuff I have been listening to for the best part of 10 years. :)

17. greenbrucelee

sounds good to me :)

18. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

surly this thread should be in just for laughs forum James whale fired great news.
    hopfully Adrian Durham will follow.Pompus Twats the pair of them:ohmy

Opps just noticed it was posted by Nightwalker, Would like to take this opportunity to apologize
    as you help me with an ip address i take it all back James Whale nice fellow:tune

WIP: C++ and A+
  19. NightWalker

Lol, no probs Mof. Everyone is entitled to their opinion :tongue

20. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

GBL mentioned Gaunt i nearly threw up all that mans concerned about is his country mansion and jag-u-r
    tell your kids you love them, mine would disown me if i said that to them, can i buy you something would get more respect, or at least there attention.Mike dickens was proberley listening to Gaunt when he crashed.In fact all those That GBL named should go into the peoples carrier of doom and fired into space to be probed by aliens.

WIP: C++ and A+