James Thornton Legal

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by JTG Legal, Jan 5, 2007.

1. JTG Legal

JTG Legal New Member

James Thornton Legal Department have become aware of the defamatory comments about James Thornton Student Campus which have been posted on this site.

We would like to urge all genuine members of this forum to simply be aware that James Thornton have discovered that some of the usernames on this forum and others have been constructed by our competitors.

We would like to point out that we strongly encourage genuine discussions on these forums and are confident that they are very useful for both I.T. Professionals and I.T. Students alike. However, relying on the posts of our competitors is misleading for genuine observers.

If anyone has any queries at all about James Thornton Student Campus please do not hesitate to contact us via our website www.jamesthorntongroup.com or call our offices on 0208 600 8203.

Hope this information will be of use to everyone.

Regards,

James Thornton Legal

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi JTG Legal, and welcome to CertForums.

I would like to make mention of your following comments:

Whilst we welcome, and indeed appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to sign up and then identify yourself as a representative of your training organisation - something we have long sought from all training providers, I must point out that what you have posted above can be only be considered, at best, a spurious claim that deserves some substantiation.

If you have evidence to back up what you state in the above comments, then please - we urge you to show it here, for the benefits of the Membership of CertForums, and also for the perusal of our own legal advisors.

Other than that, I can only advise that your comments may be removed without notice if it is felt that they place CertForums in any position of legal uncertainty.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

like i said before gav cracking reply...

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Sounds like thinly veiled spam to me.:x

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I`ll second that 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

or a company afraid of what people may say ?

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

How?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL

An organisation with business practices as widely panned as this coming onto a forum and whining about ANOTHER organisation (probably with equally questionable practices) trying to badmouth them?

You couldn't make this shite up if you tried

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Feel free to post the usernames of those who you believe to have been "constructed" specifically to defame your company. The moderators should be able to verify whether your claims are valid, and we can Google to see if the same usernames have purposely defamed your company on other forums.

That said, I don't see any defamation going on here. I just see a lot of people giving the same advice they always give - to use self-study methods rather than spend money at a training centre. Nothing personal, James Thornton... that advice is given on ALL threads regarding training centres.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

As has been said already, you need to qualify that statement and back it up with solid evidence. If you can provide substantiated details, feel free to provide those *facts* to a staff member here and we will take it seriously. As it stands, your allegation cannot be given any credence and it's far more likely to attract derision than have any positive affect at all.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What interests me is why a medium sized training organization needs a legal department.

I've worked in many places and many of them had some kind of administrative department to advise on the possible consequences of actions or to liase with various authorities. But only the very biggest corporation I worked for had a 'legal department' - and technically that belonged to the parent company.

So what would you say is a typical day for the JTG legal department? Apart from chasing down bad press on forums that is, I'll give you that one.

12. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes, it is unusual hey :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  13. Urban Pauper

Urban Pauper Bit Poster

They're nervous because they're just started recruiting under their Women in IT scheme and have an office opening in Bristol, I would imagine...

And yes, they've spammed at least two other forums with similar messages... plus attempted to discredit posters contributions... Not clever.

Unsubstantiated allegations of sabotage by competitors are mentioned on their current website, which would suggest that prospective students are doing some research and beginning to ask the right questions, eh?

Well done everybody!

14. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

*Warning* potential defamation coming up...

What makes me laugh is that for all the alleged underhandeness of training companies in general, James Thornton are the only company I've ever heard of who have had some kind of "official" action taken against them (allegedly) (something to do with pretending to be more connected to MS than they actually are if memory serves). I don't know if this story was true but it's the only story of this nature I've heard. How ironic then that they should be the ones to be accusing other training companies of underhanded behaviour.:blink

[EDIT]Just to substantiate this post, a quick search shows that they did have an ASA complaint upheld against them although this isn't the story I remember hearing.
    http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/non_broadcast/Adjudication+Details.htm?Adjudication_id=41660

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  15. BosonMichael

Their legal department's message certainly doesn't make James Thornton look good. But hey, it's their choice.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Dear JTG legal.

My neighbour technically owns the fence between my garden and his. I believe this to be the case, as the posts are on his side (I do of course defer to your judgement if this is not the case).

He recently treated his side with a preserver, and made a comment about the fact that I hadn't looked after my side.

My question is this:

As it is his fence - he paid for it and built it - is he technically responsible for its maintenance?

Do I have to allow him access to my property to treat 'my' side? If I don't, and don't treat my side myself - as a result of which the fence rots - will my neighbour be able to take legal action against me?

Please help.
    All the other menbers of this forum are IT nerds and know nothing of the real world.

17. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Really? Is that the name they practice under?

Perhaps, there are constant *issues*...........

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Don't wind them up Boyce - this fence thing is a real issue and I don't want to have to pay for a real lawyer.

Leave them be until I get an answer...

19. BosonMichael

How about paying for a fake lawyer? I can help you with that... :deal

20. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

ROFLMAO - that is real funny ...ahh my side is gonna bust
    :biggrin :biggrin

An Aussie former politician famously uttered similar " ..I know a bloke..."

[snigger]

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff