Jakamoko, why are you so Blue?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Oct 27, 2003.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

So, I just noticed that your name is bluer than other peoples.Am I slow, was this changed ages ago, forgive me if this is the case, I was just wondering, being the curious nosy git that I am, so why are you so Blue?

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I must say, you caught me from left-field this time, Flex :)

You'll find (and it has been the case for a while now) that all the Moderators are quite Blue - Bluer than most, I'm afraid. It has much to do with the general anguish,upset and anxiety imposed upon us (at our own behest, I must add) in our day-to-day quest to maintain some semblance of order around the madhouse that is CertForums :cry:

Or maybe its just cos thats what SimonV chose for us ....

HTH

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

I take it you are refering to the users online / users that have been online today box at the bottom of the main forum index?

Its because he is a forum Mod. phpBB (the codebase behind these forums) make mods of boards bold to highlight they are online should users need to message them or shout for help ect :)

So Nelix, SimonV and a few others will be blue - infact you can view all the mods of certforums by clicking on the CertForums Moderators link under the decription of each forum. SimonV might appear Red as an admin - depending on how he has the place set up 8)

Or use this link: http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/groupcp.php?g=24

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  4. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

Or what Jakamoko said :)

*grrrr* moderators with their faster typing :!:

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

'Tis why we have the Force, dear Kelton :alien

6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Can't believe they've always been bluer, I'm sure I've seen your names lighter.

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

You are now pondering the imponderable, Flex .... :hhhmmm

8. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Now if blue were to be so so blue then would it get so dark that it would become another colour.But then it couldn't become another colour, because that would be that blue is just a lighter colour of another colour, no matter how dark the blue is.In fact if all colours ultimatley become other colours, then the colour in the first place is just a lighter colour of the next colour, or the colour after that.How can their be so many colours, I mean what is light blue, light compared with what, pink, well no pink is nowhere near blue, but it must become blue sometime because all colours are effectively the same colour, so blue is a shade of pink, your names might as well be pink and we'd just say that it's a form of the same colour, which going by a raindow effect is white, all colours are white.But hold on, we couldn't possibly have the screen completely white, I mean we wouldn't know who the moderators where if that where the case.Unless they were pink, yes white on pink, no no that would look awful, Jakamoko in brigth pink, no, black would be better, well not black, maybe a darker colour of blue, which will become black eventually, just make sure you catch it before it becomes pink.
    Hmmmm :hhhmmm

9. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Ah, but have you considered the relative Absorption spectra involved across the full Electromagnetic range, of which the "visible spectrum" we know as White Light is a mere narrow band ? Taken in the context of that which the rods and cones of the compound human eye are capable of discerning, and coupled with the Refractive indices of any given media through which we view said spectrum (hence, the "rainbow" effect to which you alluded previously), one could conclude that it is safe to assume that all that is black is white, and vice versa.

In summary, dark blue=Moderator - end of story.

Now the first person that mentions trees, forests, hearing, etc, is on a final warning !!! :snipersm:

10. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

Maybe its just your monitor? :whatthink

Could a Mod please move this post to the Hardware forum :twisted: