I've well and truly fallen off the IT Bandwagon

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by wizard, Nov 26, 2007.

1. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Wiz,

regardless of how you feel if you want to get ahead then get yourself something to do during the day. Full time study, volunteering, employment. It will help to get you out of the rut. Get yourself some meaning back into your life. They don't let just anyone into the states you know!

8)

2. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

tbh i was happier back then than i am now :confused3

china has got it bad when it come to internet addicts

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Guys, it seems that we are misinterpreting the situation here. Wizard took the easy way out and has sucessfully dodged the responsibility of paying his debts by going bankrupt. Now he's enjoying life by sitting around all day watching movies that he can now buy instead of looking for a job. Everybody is now telling him to cheer up but he's not depressed, he's happy to be in this situation. If he's happy to sit on his lazy @r$e and take no responsibility for himself then who are we to judge. That means there's one less in the IT sector to compete for your job. That makes me happy so we all win.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Well said. QFT

Certifications: A few.
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I don't know why, but this QFT nonsense really winds me up. Can't you say you just agree. It's an opinion, not 'truth' and why does it need quoting again if it's right above your post. ARGGHGHGHGHGH!!! MY BRAIN HURTS!

[​IMG]

edit: If anyone QFT's my post, then I promise to go on a killing rampage at the school I work in with the first thing that comes to hand, which happens to be a Chicken Tika & Salad roll. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Nugget,

Do we really have to get into this conversation again? We both already know how we both stand on this issue, so let's drop it. I'm not a lazy arse as you put it. If you don't like this thread I created or some of the posts I have made, no one is compelling you to respond to me.

As for one less to compete in the IT sector, sorry to burst your bubble that isn't the case. Stay on your soapbox, that way you are not in my way.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Here you go: QFT

Certifications: A few.
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am going to stand up for Wizard here.

Its not an easy choice to go Bankrupt its maybe the only way he saw as Starting again.

I was going to go bankrupt myself but my mum jumped in and paid 3 quarters of my debt off apart from the ccj I have,so I have been paying my mum back, and paying the ccj back.

Some people will say, you wont learn anything if your debts are cancelled and dont have the responsibility like me of paying them back, but some people do learn.

Wizard has made his choice lets leave it at that, its a free country.

I know now that if I had gone bankrupt I would not have learned but I know I would have been able to rent my own flat or house and go on holidays which I have missed but I have learned now.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

My last response as regards to my bankruptcy. I haven't got away scott free from my debts, nor did I expect to be. I will still have to pay back a percentage of my debt to the Official Receiver appointed to oversee the bankruptcy. As per my manifesto post I'm not going to continue with this argument.

This thread was set up as a bit of fun, I'm not going to ask for it to be closed and would appreciate it going back on topic and not as a platform for those who see it as a chance to try and pound home some moral high ground they seem to have over me because of the way I have chosen to handle my financial situation. I have already given my reasons for going down this road, do a search for my other posts.

End of discussion okay!!!

10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Excellent point!!!:clap:rocks

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I don't know??? What was the point of this thread, if it was a bit of fun as you suggested then you should of made that clear and not asked the question.:blink

:ohmy Oh for the Love of Good - mate don't get pissed off with people trying to help you just because they got the end of the stick and because you didn't make it clearer in your question.:blink

How many times do we have to go down this road??? people here are from all over the world an depending on what mood they are in and how they interupt the question will always answer a question differently to what the person who was aking it wanted!!:biggrin

12. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

UCM,

I'm not getting mad at the people helping me, just the way that some express their opinions. I'm not expecting people to pat me on the back and say "there there never mind". But calling me a lazy arse and saying there is going to be 1 less person in the competition for an IT Job gets my back up. I don't respond well to veiled insults.

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

aahh right I see:oops: - I must admit i didn't see Nuggets post. Right Well i better bugger off now and go do some work.:biggrin8)

14. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Nugget refered to you sitting on your lazy arse - not that you are a lazy arse! Quite a difference between the two!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  15. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, before you feel too sorry for Wizard, he was asked at the start of this thread if he thought his situation was good, bad, or indifferent, and he chose to ignore the question. He could have cleared the entire situation up right then but didn't want to.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Strong words mate, you need to keep that kinda attitude if you want to make it to the States. As SGUK said they don’t let just anyone in! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Sure we do. You just have to sneak over the border from Mexico illegally. Then we'll give you the keys to the kingdom. Do it legally, and we'll make it as hard as possible.

And, yeah, I know it makes about as much sense as prison guards having to ask a prisoner for permission to search their cell. :x

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  18. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

LOL, did cross my fingers when going through immigration at JFK last time I was there, I think the guy who was checking my passport was having a really bad day! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Oh man its so true
    the process for me to get over there had my wife still been stateside can take over a year and a half, then follow up 2 years later

she got a visa to come here by walking into the consulate, took all of 3 hours

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0