I've decided......FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Daft Lass, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Daft Lass

Daft Lass Bit Poster

Yep! After all the questions I asked in November I have finally decided which way to study for my MCSA.......................
    I'm going through Advent Training. :rolleyes:

Some, maybe most of you, will think I am bonkers/ off my trolley/ a wrapper short of a biscuit (eh?!) but I think I've made the right decision in the end, even if it has set me back a large loan.

However, they weren't at all pushy and the rep came out to see me on several occasions before I decided to make the decision. I have received the first part of my study programme and there appears to be plenty of support in the form of mentoring, and good study aids with helpful tips.

However, I must thank every one who offered their advice, it is really appreciated.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all! :D

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA
  2. C_Eagle

C_Eagle Byte Poster

Nice one chap.

The advice myself and many others would give on here would be 'self study' all the way. I totally understand that not everyone can do it or has the IT contacts to ask when they don't understand parts of the study material. Many will say (including me) use the net but sometimes it's not that easy.

Now you have decided on your course of action stick to it and don't be afraid to use the mentors etc as much as you can (after all you've paid for it!)

Get your head down and get those certs!!

Good Luck..........

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, 70-270
    WIP: MCSA 70-290
  3. Daft Lass

Daft Lass Bit Poster

Thanks!

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCSA
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That's great Della, there is nothing wrong with using a training provider, as long as you have done your research, understand that you are still going to put in a lot of self study and that even with a training provider the going can get tough. We are not against training providers, we just try and make sure people have given due consideration to other options, which clearly you have!

Merry Crimbo to you too :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Good luck with the training :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012