its all talk

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Oct 28, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

i was wondering if anyone here has used talk talk as an ISP, i was getting told by the rep that i could have unlimited downloads , some chep landline calls and 8 meg (ish) speed for 21 quid a month

Does anyone know what talk are like at all??

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

as far as I can see on the net the general gist is dont touch em with a bargepole. Think they might have even graced watchdog's time slot.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Talk Talk are part of Carphone Warehouse. Also includes Onetel.

When they launched a few months back the public response basicaly overwhelmed them. Hence lots of whingeing all over the place, and references to various official and trade bodies.

Don't forget that people are much more vocal about complaints than compliments! :biggrin

They are still stuggling a bit, and with BSkyB and Orange entering the market they are up against some stiff competition.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ahh ok i think ill look elsewhere then cheers guys

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I used them before they offered this free broadband nonsense and the quality of service was great. Where I really had problems was, like most telcos, when I had to speak to one of the chimps in the call centre. I think at the moment, they are struggling to provide a decent servie because of the overwhelming demand for their free broadband offer. I don't think anyone's got a right to moan if they have to wait for a couple of months for a free 8mbps connection though.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

r u able to get Telewest? if so go with them...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life