ITILv3 HELP!

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by ryanthelion84, Jul 1, 2009.

1. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

Hi All,

I've been meaning to crack this one for a while now but havent found the motivation to actually sit down and get through the material.

I have the OGC official ITILv3 Foundation exam prep book but I just dont seem to be able to engage with it.

I sat down and did PRINCEII in like 3 weeks and am now a reasonable successful technical PM but ITIL just doesnt stick with me!

Any pointers?!

Exam is currently set for 27.07.09 provided i dont reschedule AGAIN!

Thanks!

Ryan

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The two things I used was:

Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid &
    CBTNuggets ITIL v3

ITIL is a very boring subject anyway... It took me about a week to self-study it, here's my experience.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  3. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh sorry ! ITIL v3 !

Yes it was VERY boring. My studies detailed in this thread

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  4. ben_westbrom

ben_westbrom Bit Poster

I'm looking to take the ITIL V3 Foundation exam after ive passed my 70-290, as a break from Microsoft.
    Does people think it's worth doing? or are there better ways to spend my time and money?

Also, are CBT Nuggets any good, i see a lot of people on here recomend them but i've never tried them. And for the price they are $399 for ITIL are they worth it?

Certifications: A+, MCDST, 70 - 290
    WIP: 70-291
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IMO, yes the ITIL is a good cert to have. Jobs at the level I'm looking at (IT managers post), most of them either list ITIL as an essential or desirable. For tech jobs, I've seen quite a few listing the ITIL as a desirable.

As for the CBTNuggets, I've used them for several exams, and I like them. IMO, they have really improved over the last few years.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security
  6. ryanthelion84

ryanthelion84 Nibble Poster

Cheers for the helpful replies gentleman...i shall have a read of the blogs too!:thumbleft

Certifications: 70-290, PRINCEII Practioner, ITIL V3F
    WIP: VMWare ESX VCP
  7. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

you are righ mate..!!its really boring I just passed my ITIL V3 foundation but trust me it was hard..passed with 70 % but still i would say..unless you get the right understanding of the topic...learing the book terminology and terms won't help my friedn ..:rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia N+,MCTS Vista,ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: MCITP