ITIL v3 Foundation. Which exam?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by steviegreg, Aug 29, 2008.

1. steviegreg

steviegreg New Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm studying at the moment for the ITIL v3 Foundation exam, but was wondering if it really mattered which exam company I used (ie EXIN or ISEB) in terms of
    a) future ITIL exams (ie can I only take EXIN ITIL exams after doing their foundation cert?)
    b) their relative value in the market place (ie is one considered to be better than the other?)

All opinions welcome!

2. Pink Elephant Fran

Pink Elephant Fran New Member

In response to your questions, it doesn't make any difference with which Exam Institute (EI) you sit your ITIL V3 exams.

The APM Group are the official accreditor for ITIL V3 and own the exam papers which are issued to all EI's. Therefore all EI's use the same exam papers.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions then please feel free to contact me.

3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that both bodies are considered equal to be honest with you. It's the actual ITIL accreditation that carries the weight.

I did mine through the ISEB.

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's right, both are acredited testing agencies for the ITIL exams. I did e-mail ISEB/BCS to see if there were any differences and the reply I got back was "No". As long as you had the certification to say that you passed the exam, it doesn't matter who you went thru.

To see all the acredited testing agencies that are authorised to delivery ITIL exams (this is different from testing centres/providers which would be Prometric & Vue), see here.

I did mine thru EXIN :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. steviegreg

steviegreg New Member

Thanks Fellas...passed v3 foundation exam thru Exin on Friday :D

Any suggestions on what exam to self-teach on next? I'm basically after getting exams under my belt that will help be get back into the IT workplace - more process/analysis than technical though.

Thanks again - Steve.