ITIL v3 Foundation Exam

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by madskillz, Oct 22, 2008.

1. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Hi all.

Sitting my v3 Foundation exam at 1430 today. Me and six colleagues have just done an onsite 2 1/2 day instructor led course with plenty of sample papers thrown in for good measure but I still don't feel ready to sit the exam. Oh well, tough luck I guess as its mandatory.

Wish me luck!!

Madz

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  2. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I felt very unsure when I sat mine despite doing quite a few practice papers. Good luck :biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck for the exam, I did the self study route and passed on the pass mark :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Mixed feelings post-exam TBH Relieved that the exam is over, but slightly worried when colleagues come out saying 'What did you get for Qx?' and my answers not tallying with what they had put. Don't worry, there's no NDA so we weren't breaking any rules! There are two ways of looking at this of course, I could be right and they could be wrong but only time will tell I guess.

The training provider was Parity and the trainer was an Ex IT Ops. Manager with mutli-decade experience before he went into delivering ITIL Training. He'd told us that he'd delivered ITIL Foundation V1 and V2 then did the Bridging course to get to V3 but failed this by 1 mark which didn't exactly inspire confidence. He subsequently passed it of course!
    He also kept illustrating the course material by referring to his own experiences working as an Op's Manager and how they had managed the Service Life-Cycle (BT, RBoS to name but two companies he'd worked for) but again, not that useful as most companies take the ITIL framework and customise it to their own requirements, just like my company does.

Anyway, results are expected next week so not too long to wait and I'll let someone have my text books assuming I passed it (and that somebody wants them!!)
    Cheers for reading,

Madskillz

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Umm... I can almost guarantee that they wouldn't be too happy about people sharing test questions... :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Well, I've just got my ITIL v3 Foundation result back and I passed with a 33 out of 40. I have to say that this was the first exam in a long time where I left the exam room without a clue as to whether I'd passed or failed. ISEB managed to spell my name incorrectly on the certificate too so that will have to be corrected.

Cheers for reading,

Madz

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

well done:)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well done m8

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass. 8)

11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Indeed, congrats!

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  12. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Well done!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  13. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

well done on the pass, the ITIL v3 is a dull but fast becoming necessary step on the certification ladder!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing