ITIL v3 exam next week

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by derkit, Jun 19, 2008.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

... as it says, I've spent the last couple of weeks reading the fun book on it :blink and thought I'd take the plunge. Hopefully get it nailed Tuesday afternoon, checked out my new "normal" test centre and they're available so just have to pay for it now!

Some of the early steps like Strategy and Design were a little boring, but I really picked up interest in the Operational section - I suppose thats because what we use at work all the time (or at least an ITIL comparable environment!!)

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate, who are you taking it thru? EXIN or ISEB? Got my EXIN ITIL v3 cert yesterday, it's ok, nothing special though :lol:

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck mate 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

cheers fellas

Ken - Doing it through EXIN for some odd reason their exam is £10 cheaper ?! Haven't put any other certs on the wall, so I doubt I'll start now :)

5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Good luck... try not to fall asl...zzzzzzz 8)

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Which one did you use ?

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Good luck Derkit :D I have my ITIL exam on Wednesday morning. roll on next week.

I guess like me, you will be glad to get this one done. I have had it up to here with services, roles, process and the damn portfolio!

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  8. livingflame

livingflame New Member

Is it advisable to use dumps to prep for itil v3 exam, if y, which one is ok? Someone told me of ***removed braindump reference*** is it reliable?

9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

link :rolleyes:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Livingflame, you've only posted twice on CF and both times you've asked about braindumps. By now, you should have gotten the message that using braindumps is completely unacceptable here. If you continue to post on this topic as if it's ok, you will find your member account restricted. Please stop.

If you want to ask advice about learning without cheating, please feel free to ask for help here. Otherwise, find some place where they have no moral standards and have fun.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I've used the OGC "The Official Introduction to the ITIL Service Lifecycle" from The Stationary Office and CBT Nuggets but I feel the nuggets are more based around Service Operation, while there are 3 other sections also.

I'll be glad when its done, but that said I think I want to lean towards project/service delivery management later in my life/career so 1) its useful, but 2) I enjoyed reading, and learning about it.

12. VantageIsle

I enjoyed reading and learning about it!!! you must be a masochist! your a very sick man :biggrin

I found the whole ITIL thing a bit on the dry side, but each to their own. More of a necessary evil, I have grasped the jist of the whole thing its just a bit boring remembering all the process and roles and who is responsible and blah, blah...:sleeping

I'm revising today, going to write up some colour coded flash cards (oh, get me) BTW have you downloaded the ITIL v3 glossery from the ITIL website, I have found this a massive help.

I am using THIS BOOK for my study, for just under £15 I think its quite a good book. I was going to buy the book you are using but I guess I must be a bit cheap!

Anyway, best of luck. I better get some study done....... perhaps after another slice of toast:tune

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

LOL @ sick man - probably am, but have to keep the shrinks in a job don't we :biggrin 8)

I've got the glossary - sooooo many definitions to remember - wow!

I managed to get the book from my work (well, my boss had a copy on the shelf!) but I know the one you've got was recommended by Ken I think. If I do progress that far with my career it may even become a permanent member of my shelf..... or not! :p

14. VantageIsle

any news sir?

I did find that test a bit tricky at times. Some of those questions were just plain stupid IMHO

I did get Capacity, demand and availability processes mixed up but never mind.:oops:

Hope all went ok.

15. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Not this end I'm afraid - I didn't fail, just never took it - life got in the way and my reading suffered. Decided not to try and blag the exam, so will probably aim for next week - a bit gutted really.

(Congrats are on the other thread :) )

16. VantageIsle

Cheers :)

Yeah, its best to only go for it when your ready. Looking back it does not take long to learn the whole gist of ITIL V3 but it take longer to memorise all the stuff for the exam.

Good luck for when you do take it :)

17. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thanks mate - this week is a little less manic - so hopefully Friday PM after the boiler man has been from British Gas :D

18. livingflame

livingflame New Member

Finally passed ITIL v.3 Foundation. Tons and tons of materials and concepts to read and master if one is from a field that is yet to adopt ITIL.

19. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on passing - I thankfully work in an ITIL environment, so thats some help, other than that it would take time to remember the areas and what they're for.

BTW, still never managed it this week :(

20. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

no more turning back this time - tomorrow morning I'm actually going to take this exam!
    Got a bit more study done over the last couple of weeks so am feeling comfortable with the material this time!