1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITIL Suffering

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Apexes, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I got told i had to do the ITIL Foundation course, and been on it the last 2 days, got one more day and then the exam tomorrow.

I'm having trouble following it, like a hell of a lot of trouble - i relate best in technical environment training rather than process workflows etc.

I'm getting 2 and a half days of training, followed by the exam, is this what others have had, or have you had longer? i feel like this whole text book (280 pages of it) has just been whooshed right through. I'm seriously doubting i'll pass the exam tomorrow

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  2. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

I've had the same, tbh training course didn't go very much into details (I tried to learn it myself about a year earlier but gave up). But it was enough to pass the exam, passing rate is in the high nineties so do not worry about that. It's easy to pass, I think 26 out of 40 or sth like that.

Thinking about it I don't remember much and did it less than a year ago...

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I studied for the exam over two weeks bought a udemy course. Tbh it can be easily passed over a weekend all I used was a 8hr video course. I doubt you will fail.. if by some chance you do, it will be because ITIL is so mind numbingly boring. I only got it because it kept poping up on job adds.

WIP: bit of this bit of that
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

If I had to choose between doing the ITIL again or having a swarm of red ants run roughshod over my testicles, it would be the Ants every single time.

I know exactly where you are coming from. A colleague and I had to attend a three day course and it was the longest 3 days of my life. By Day 2 I was sure I wasn't going to pass as it was all Gibberish.

I snuck through with 28/40. I am sure you will be fine mate. 2 days of training and then had to go in for the exam. I am sure you will be fine mate. Fingers crossed.

Apexes likes this.
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I pretty much removed everything regarding ITIL from my memory as soon as I passed. I scored like 36/40 or something like that, let us know how you get on.

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

waiting on the almighty email from the exam board today with results

7. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Failed 24/26 - i hate process stuff!!! retaking next week lol

8. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

shite sorry mate :( So close :(

Deffo next time!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  9. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Next time mate, or better steal try to get out of sitting the exam lol.