ITIL: Information Security Management

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by karan1337, Dec 8, 2011.

1. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

Hello fellas,

I'm planning to do the ITIL Information security management course via the self study route. I find it strange that prometric and even pearson VUE do not offer this exam. I'm eager to do this, are there any alternatives in India for this? I'm currently not a member of BCS.

To add to the question, what is the difference between ISEB and Exin? Are the ITIL certs provided by them the same?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  2. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

There is no such exam, Information Security Management and IT Service Continuity within ITIL are part of Service Design and would be covered in the Service Design intermediate lifecycle exam or the Planning, Protection and Optimisation exam.

Sure you don't mean the ISO27001/27002 courses? There is a foundation exam for 27002.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  3. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

4. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Where do you see ITIL on that link?
    Looking at the exam options it seems it can only be done in the UK or with a training provider but perhaps the other guys can advice on how things work with BCS.

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I won't repeat what's been said already.

It's just the awarding body (it's like saying what's the difference between C&G's and Edexcel), apart from that no difference.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security