ITIL-F Passed

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by seano09, May 18, 2015.

1. seano09

seano09 New Member

Hi guys,

I think the thread title sums it up. Passed ITIL Foundation with a score of 31, not great but could have been far better.

Before coming on here I had already signed up with a training provider, what a mistake this was! I wish I had found this forum sooner. I'm not going to mention them, I felt they didn't really offer much more than I could have found in a book. I paid £360. We all learn lessons!

CCENT - Self study is next, I've purchased CBT Nuggets videos and several books. Toying with the idea of purchasing a lab however I'm wary. I see many on EBay. Would one of these do the job?

Thanks

Sean

2. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Generally yes, however some items are very slow to boot, so if you buy a cheap lab, it may well drive you insane waiting on boot times.

You can also use packet tracer. You could exclusively use Packet tracer in fact, however nothing really beats hands on training. So still would recommend you get some hardware.

Also they are always doing sales on Udemy of Chris Bryant's CCNA courses etc for a few pounds (Think I paid £15 and got the CCNA Security free), possibly worth a look as another resource.

If you do get a lab, then I would suggest you try and at least get 1800 series for your routers, stay clear of the 2600's if you can, as again, they are very slow and may drive you to tears.

Well done on the ITIL, and good luck on your CCENT.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Well done the ITIL F exam is definitely a dry exam.

I am a big advocate of hands on labs myself.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Well done on the pass.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congrats on the pass

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. seano09

seano09 New Member

Cheers guys, I'm definitely going to be purchasing a lab.

Also thanks for the tips on "Chris Bryant's CCNA" videos. I hadn't heard of him. Some brilliant reviews.

7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

He has one or two free videos up there if you want to check them out, just to see his style etc. See what you think. The information might be a bit advanced so you might not understand that so much but will get a feel for him.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!