1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITIL a good qualification to have?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by ericrollo, May 25, 2009.

1. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I am just going to finish of my MCDST would getting the ITIL qualification be good considering i don't have any experience?

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  2. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Hi, I can see what you are saying, having no experience but I'd still get it if I were in your position. For a lot of the bigger companies its a necessity. We were forced to get it in my company. Cheers, Jim

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

The ITIL v3 Foundation is a good cert to have, the foundation cert is just that... a foundation. It does not require you to have experience with it as it introduces ITIL concepts/framework to you.

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. ericrollo

Is it expensive to study and obtain?

5. wagnerk

Depends what route you do. I studied with the CBTNuggets CD's, the "Passing your ITIL foundation exam: the official study aid" book and booked the exam with EXIN instead of ISEB (which was a few quid cheaper). I could have probably passed without the CBT course, but the material is dry. So minimum spend just under £150 :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
  6. ericrollo

Quite tempting

7. wagnerk

Have a look at the material after your MCDST and see if you're still interested :)

-ken

8. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster

I am studying it at the moment very dry and boring but I think it is a good cert to do and would recommend it.

Certifications: A few.
  9. jimmy_2k

jimmy_2k Bit Poster

Yeh I am thinking of doing this possibly as most large organisations its a must have

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: 70-270, 70-291