IT Support experience, which qualifications?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by jameister, Jul 21, 2009.

1. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I think you should also check out the Sybex A+ book as well. Meyers is aimed at inexperienced techs (and wannabe techs like myself) but the Sybex title is more of a gap-filler for experienced techs.
    Buying both would be the best option, it's not really a good idea to rely on only one source of information.

I don't have PCTSS but a lot of people on here seem to think highly of it.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All the books? No - the two books you mentioned are sufficient. Make sure you get the AIO 6th Edition, not an earlier version.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. jameister

jameister Bit Poster

Ok, thanks I'll get those two then. Sorry for all the questions btw, you must get sick of me asking all the time when you've probably heard all of these tyoe of questions 1000 times before!

Thanks for all your help 8)

Certifications: CCSN, A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-680
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it helps someone with their career, I don't mind answering. :) After all, that's why I'm here. I wish I had had someone to discuss this stuff with at the start of MY career!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!