IT support engineers - immediate start (inc training package

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Asterix, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Hi There,
    We are looking for a graduate/ experienced technical support engineer for a company based near Guildford (Surrey), this role includes excellent training in addition to free parking and an opportunity to work with the latest and best technologies in the IT networking and security world and with some of the largest companies in Europe.

Please PM with attached CV and details on expectant salary.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. ickle97116084

ickle97116084 Bit Poster

I have come across this a lot in the last few weeks searching for jobs. How can a graduate by definition have experience in technical support as an engineer. he/she has either spent the last 3 years studying for a degree or had past experience in a technical role but since they have just 'Graduated' surely you cant expect them to walk into a job as a experienced technical support engineer!

Anyway rant over. Just a little tired of ambiguous job adverts, dont mean to be picking at yours in particular!

Ickle

Certifications: Bsc (Hons), Prince2 Foundation, Network+
  3. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I think the post refers to a graduate or someone who has experience.

I have just finished a masters degree and have 5+ years IT experience so Im technically a graduate with experience :biggrin

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  4. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

That's the way I read it also...

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Surely that would be a graduate AND experienced then, not OR. If it was OR, then it would be like ickle said really ... what would a graduate with no experience offer in comparison to someone who wasn't but had the experience ...

Looks like a good job anyway, it's got free parking! Always the first think to check off my list when looking for a new job. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

A degree for tech support role is asking a bit much for my liking, well not knocking you. If that's the firm's requirement then that's what it is:) also not having seen the job spec can't really gauge the job role and engagement.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  7. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

The available role is a support position but will be logging and troubleshooting infrastructure devices (and recreating setup in an internal lab environment) and in that respect is not your traditional 'password resetting' and basic troubleshooting 1st line position, hence we are looking for someone with a good technical background (experienced/Graduate) , although training and vendor specific training will be provided.

to clarify the confusion in this thread regarding 'graduate/ experienced technical support engineer' the "/" refers to "or" if it meant in addition there would have been "and" or "," replacing the "/" symbol.

We are looking to wrap this one up in the next week so unless there is any further interest, this will be the last position for a few months!

Asterix

8. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Just because you are a graduate, it doesn't mean that you have "just graduated" as you mentioned in your post, I am a graduate............. but also have 3+ years experience!

9. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

sounds like a new role for your company Asterix?

Is it newly created? shame it wasnt when I was looking before, hey ho, best of luck with it!

Millsie

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  10. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Of course not, but you are specifically asking for a graduate OR someone with experience, which would imply you would be happy to have a graduate without experience ... Which is why ickle made the point presumably ...

Anyway, GL getting a good candidate.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  11. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Unfortunately this role was only decided on last week, we are now looking to provide client support inhouse, I mentioned your response to my tech director and he was of the impression that you would be a good fit for the role, hows the new job going? make sure you keep in touch mate!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011