it skillstrain?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by metrock 66, Sep 18, 2006.

1. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

I have just had a sales man (company rep!!) visit me trying to get me to sign me up for a MOS/MCP course for £2950 payable over 3 yrs. Being as i am not working at the mo i think its scandalous. He guarenteed i would be working within 3 months earning between 15 & 18k.Being as i have no it skills,but know my way around a computer a little bit(not complete novice) how can he say this.!!! Also this company does not even have the mccdst course on its books his reply when asked why dont you have the mcdst was "This is all you will need to do to achieve a job paying betweem £15 and £18k surely this is not true?? I think i will stick with my original plan of getting a good mcdst book and do some self study. Also his material he has left states that "MOS is known in the industry as the premier Microsoft Desktop Certification can anyone tell me any different.??

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Go with your gut feelin and stick with self study!

As for MOS being the in thing?

Every year I hear MCSE is the in thing then N+ security then they change it to programming! :rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

The 'in thing' is the thing that you put the most into and get the most satisfaction from. Or in other words, do what you enjoy doing most and not what others say. 8)

4. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

ucheekymonkey- thanks for you're input think i'll take ya advice :biggrin

WIP: Just started A+
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Grab that MCDST book and go for it mate. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Don't know if anyone saw it by IT Skillstrain was actually on TV last night on one of them programmes that go undercover (Inside Out I think) and catch out rogue companies. IT Skillstrain was one of them as their reps were making false promises on jobs and earning potential, had no idea about latest software or its usage and claimed it had affiliations with groups such as Manpower when they didn't

It doesn't sound good mate

WIP: Trying to find my car keys