1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IT Skills Group - a bit worrying

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by DrBott, Jul 1, 2007.

1. DrBott

DrBott Bit Poster

I've recently been considering my options vis a vis training and certification and started to do some reading around about some of the various training companies. I was quite surprised when I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xCqmmLvRXY

Anyone know any more about this? :ohmy

2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Fella - that video doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you haven't seen 'the letter', or don't know what its contents are!

I suspect it might have something to do with something the programme mentioned in a previous broadcast, but I'm not sure how you can be 'surprised' by a video which doesn't really provide you with any information!

If there was something more to go on, then we might be able to help but, tbh, although I personally might guide you in a slightly different direction when studying for your IT career (mumblemumblerhubarbSelf-Studyrhubarbrhubarb) I don't think many on here would bad mouth a training company based on the content of that video :biggrin

Four grand for a postal course though? Madre de DIOS that's a lot of money!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. DrBott

DrBott Bit Poster

Oh sure, I agree that it's almost a little out of context without having seen the letter.

The reason I was surprised is because these programmes rarely seem to investigate companies unless there's something significant and/or serious afoot.

Anyhow, better safe than sorry so I'll give them a wide berth for now.

4. DrBott

DrBott Bit Poster

I've just revisited this to show someone and it looks like the same programme has featured them again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MN7M_HquI

To be honest, I'm glad I kept my distance from that lot now.