IT Query

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nameslot, Jan 7, 2010.

1. nameslot

nameslot New Member

Hi,
    I am new to the IT field. I have lots of ideas in my mind and want to do something in this field but lacking of knowledge. Especially I want to make an operating system using artificial Intelligence and also want to be an good hacker so please do tell me how many languages I should know so that I can make my dream come true. Please suggest me all the languages required in Internet hacking and making operating systems.

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

If you want to hack, time to move on my friend. This forum neither condones, nor encourages hacking. You wont find that information here.

As far as writing operating systems is concerned, its a mammoth task, and one that could take years of serious effort (and no small amount of talent) to achieve. However I believe they are mostly written in C++ these days. Once you have some skill, you can always look at contributing to a linux distro in order to get some feel for how its done.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. BDB2008

BDB2008 Bit Poster

You should watch wargames, excellent film about hacking....................

Certifications: Life Experiance count?
    WIP: MCSA MCSDT MCSE CCNA
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Maybe building your own operating system using artificial intelligence might be setting your sights a bit high for someone setting out in the game.

Maybe think of doing something in C++ that plays noughts and crosses then go from there...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Nothing wrong with hacking, messing with kit is what its all about.

A hacker is :-

* A person who enjoys learning details of a programming language or system
    * A person who enjoys actually doing the programming rather than just theorizing about it
    * A person capable of appreciating someone else's hacking
    * A person who picks up programming quickly
    * A person who is an expert at a particular programming language or system, as in "Unix hacker"

Learn assembler, C, C++, then maybe some functional languages as well.

Languages used for operating systems are generally referred to as 'system level languages', these are assembler, C, C++ generally.

The internet is made up of many diverse technologies it would really depend on what you are interested in, common languages involved in web development include :-

perl, php, python, JavaScript, ActionScript, Java, C#, SQL, XSLT, coldfusion, ASP.Net, JSP.

Web markup is largely performed in HTML, CSS.

Various integration tech exists like ISAPI, CGI, ActiveX, Apache modules, etc.

I would advise you enroll on a Computer Science course at a university.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Ruby/Ruby on Rails is also a big player in web development.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Yeah some people are using other stuff like Ruby, Scala, Groovy, Object Cobol, you name it, meant to include Ruby, I wouldn't say it's huge but it is out there.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well after a bit of searching I have seen the OP on various forums from wireless networking, here, horse breeding and lots of others. Try googling his handle and his sig together.

Spam alarms are staring to ring.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong