IT Project+ (TechRepublic article)

Discussion in 'Project+' started by tripwire45, Nov 13, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

This cert doesn't seem too much talked about but, since it seems to be getting an update, I thought I'd post the link:http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6262-5102905.html?fromtm=e019

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I never really thought about Project+ until a couple of days ago (Since seeing loads of jobs advertised for project managers and the loads of cash they get paid :oops: ). I did project managment as part of my advance IT system support course and found it boring but I still think it's a good cert to have seeing all the jobs advertised and it's winging it's way onto my list of certs to do.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. mattwest

mattwest Megabyte Poster

I passed the IT Project+ about a month ago, i went into it thinking i probably wouldnt learn all that much, but i was very surprised as to how much it opened my eyes to the project management process.

Well worth it if you fancy a bit of management in the future....:blink

Certifications: See my signature...
    WIP: Maybe re-certify my CCNA
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Any advice on good reading materials from someone whos studied and passed project+ ?

thanks

dave

5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Weird...Seems project management is floating around everywhere at the moment. PMP is another one ,although I don't think its focused at IT.

The CIW cert comprises a big chunk on the topic. Got to admit, I find it boring but Ive got a gut feeling that its about to become a major "buzzword" in IT

EDIT: Ooops, PMP is mentioned in the first sentence of the article. that'll teach me to read links first!!

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  6. cHk4

cHk4 Nibble Poster

Project+ is something I will be doing. Just because apparently it is big money, or it can be any way. I dont know much just saying what I heard!

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCTS
  7. mikel6674

mikel6674 New Member

just about to do this exam, found the course easy enough but whats the crack with the exam any pointers well be grateful

WIP: CIW Foundations, E commerce