IT professionals urged to update qualifications

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

IT professionals urged to update qualifications

ICTTech qualification relaunched to address stagnant job market

The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) has relaunched a qualification originally introduced a year ago in a bid to stimulate the IT jobs market.

The professional registration category is an internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Engineering Council to Information and Communications Technology Technicians (ICTTech).

It is designed to recognise the expertise and hard work of ICT professionals in areas such as hardware, software or system installation, operation, maintenance, incident/change/problem management, administration, security, fault diagnosis and fixing.

The IET is putting greater emphasis on promoting ICTTech and its other professional qualifications to encourage IT pros to maintain and update their qualifications, given the intense competition for fewer IT jobs in today's economic environment.

Read the article here

-Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. tjhavenith
      tjhavenith
      Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting this. I just had it confirmed today that I have been awarded ICTTech through the IET. :)

If anyone wants to ask any questions regarding ICTTech, just get in touch: tjhavenith @ hotmail then add .co.uk!

Tim
    2. nugget
      nugget
      Sounds to me like an English version of CompTIA. :twisted:
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    3. billyr
      billyr
      These articles actually wind me up quite a bit.

If you wan't to sell me your product then do so, do not insult our intelligence by pushing the re-launch of a product that failed to take off originally as an attempt to stimulate the I.T market.

At least it's a change from the monthly warning from the usual suspects (a study has shown that 50% of all wireless blah, blah, blah etc.........) about the dangers of viruses, malware and replying to e-mails from helpful nigerians wanting to give you cash.
    4. Kitkatninja
      Kitkatninja
      Slightly different, alot of qualifications just show how well you do at taking exams. However the ICTTech mark (like the CITP, IEng, CEng, etc) show's/demostrates that you work at a certain level, something that can't be braindumped. So it works hand-in-hand with certifications as well as your experience.

-ken