IT JOBS

Discussion in 'A+' started by amir_baty, Sep 24, 2008.

1. amir_baty

amir_baty New Member

Hi there i have done A+ two month ago also did post graduate(pg) in software technology for the web but unable to get any experience or employment as yet! need your advise and help cheers.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: A+ (601-602-...)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No cert or qual will guarantee you a job. Getting your foot in the door is one of the hardest things to do. It took me 5 years to enter the IT field, I know someone else who took 10 years to get into the IT field, saying that I know IT graduates who haven't been able to get a job in IT. I'm not trying to put you off, but 2 months is nothing really. Just keep on sending your CV out, keep your eye on the local newspapers as well as the national newspapers, and keep a close eye on job sites like jobcentreplus.gov.uk and monster.co.uk, etc.

You may have to re-do your CV & cover letter, and maybe consider doing some volunteering (do a search on here for more info). Another thing that you may consider is joining a professional association for the networking opportunities (it a feature that I don't use myself, but some find it useful).

Good luck with your job hunting :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I started looking for an IT job right after I got my A+. It took so long to get one that by the time I did I'd done my MCP.

It can take quite some time to find that first job. Just presevere. We have thread on here about which job sites to use as well.
    Chin up

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What they said. The first job is the most difficult one. Once you've gotten your first IT job and start to get some experience, subsequent IT jobs aren't (usually) as difficult to get. Stick with it! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi

Just a suggestion, but it might be worth your while contacting your local schools. Secondary schools often have on-site techs, and primary schools are often grateful for any help they can get, if voluntary work is an option. Schools are great places to start your IT career, as the work is so varied. Never a dull moment!

Don't worry so much about not yet having an IT job. I had to slog it out doing filing, photocopying etc as a Temp for a while after graduating, before being given an opportunity to help out the Network Admin for a while. This helped me led to my first permanent IT job. 2 Months is nothing. In fact, the longer you have to wait, the better the feeling when you finally nail that first job. Just hang in there, and keep looking.

All the best, and good luck with the job search.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing